Bled after sex

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bled after sex

I'm 19 years old, My fiance and I were having sex- and toward the end he noticed blood coming from my vagina. I stopped bleeding within an hour. It was bright red blood- not like my period. I had my period 2 weeks prior. I didn't think much about it, and just thought it was because of vigorous sex. Since then (About 4 days) I've been having pain in my left side of my abdomen. The first 2 days- when I woke up I had serious lower back pain, but it only lasted a couple hours. The back pain is mainly gone now, and the pain in my abdomen isn't as bad- but it is still there. I've also experienced slight cramping occasionally throughout the day. About 4 months ago during 2 periods I had severe abdominal pains, but they went away after a couple days. Do you think I have a cyst, or changed of pregnancy? I just recently moved to this town- and haven't located a doctor yet- so I don't even know where to go if I should. Help! Thanks!
Avatar n tn
*that meant to say "chance of Pregnancy" and I guess it would help doing that we use protection (condoms)- and they're no chances of an STD's.
Avatar n tn

Bleeding during or after sex can be due to number of reasons, it could be because you had rough sex but I would advise anyone who bleeds after sex to seek medical attention. Not to worry you or imply anything to you, but bleeding after sex can be due to cysts, pelvic inflamatory disease brought on by Chlamidia the STD to Endometriosis. I would not panic yourself but if this happens again or your period pains still persist to pain you, then I would seek professional help. You dont want to risk yourself or your fertility for the future. Hope you stay well.
Avatar n tn
If you have health insurance you'd obviously want to ask them which doctors you can choose from, but since it's best to get things checked out you might try a clinic if you don't have insurance. This is a link if you live in the US:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/healthservices/findhealthcenter/;jsessionid=F95332312340D3F2E6AEA1EB5D879114
Avatar n tn
i am 16 and i had sex for the frist time and i looked down in the middle and i saw that i was bleeding...i ran to the bathroom and the flow would not stop...i was so scared i was shacking...my boyfriend came to the door and ask if i was okay and i said i dont know. i found some pads and put one on by then it has slowed down alot. my boyfriend took me to the store to get pads and i called a friend to see if she knew anything about this. she did not but since i slowed down alot she said to call her in about an hour and tell her what was going on. i beld that night and it was stoping by morning. its been over a week and i get little cramps and i will spot know and then. my periods have been off the ast three months they have been anywhere from 1 to 4 days long when i was a week. i have not had a period since that night and i am scared of what happend and what to come. i dont know much about this.
Avatar n tn
When it's your first time (and sometimes for several times after that) the tissue outside the vagina can be torn, it's called the hymen. This can cause bleeding depending on the size of your parter's penis. Make sure you use birth control, condoms are really important at your age. Some people may say you shouldn't be having sex, but I remember those years and it's more important to give you good info than preach abstinence. Condoms will protect against STDs and pregnancy if used correctly (read the instructions and don't count on HIM doing it right). I'm npt sure form your post whether you used birth control, but of not and it's been past when you should have had a period - take a home preg test and talk to someone right away.
Avatar n tn
My boyfriend and I have been together for about four months, and today after sex, I started bleeding. What would cause this? It has never happened before, so it's worrying me.
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
TTC2006 commented on photo
Des_a_rae Just coasting along here. ... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals