Bleeding 2 weeks after period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding 2 weeks after period

Hi there,

I'm 23 and I had my last period on May19th, 2011 and it finished on May 24th as it was supposed to. My periods have always been regular in how many days it lasts. As for the time, it's consistent in being inconsistent but for the past 6 months, it's been regular towards the middle of the month.

But today, a week and a half after my period ended, I went to the bathroom and I noticed that I was bleeding again. I wiped and there was quite a bit of blood and it was dark red. I wiped a few more times and there was less blood and it was lighter. There was even a bit on my underwear, although it was a very small amount.

This is never happened to me before and I've had my period for 10 years.

I am sexually active and I've had sex on Sunday but we always use condoms and we always inspect it afterwards and there was no tear. The first time I had with sex after my period was on May 27th, I think. But I definitely had sex that weekend.

I also have a new job in May which resulted in an extremely hectic schedule for the past month. I don't know if that has an effect on anything.

Is this normally a sign of pregnancy? I'm terrified and I'm trying to keep calm but if anyone could provide any information as to whether this is normal or not, I'd be greatly appreciative.