Bleeding After Pap Smear

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bleeding After Pap Smear

Okay, so I am 6 weeks, 3 days pregnant and I had my first pap smear yesterday after noon. Hours after the pap I noticed light pink spotting which turned into brown spotting today. I'm not sure if I need to call my doctor or if this is normal. I'm very worried, and afraid that I might miscarry. With the spotting there aren't any cramps or pain, just as I mentioned brown spots. Any answer will be greatly appriciated!!! thanks for your time
Typically after a pap you tend to bleed so thats normal, anytime that you see brown blood that means its old blood so you still in the safe zone with that to. You shouldnt worry unless it starts to get really heavy and your having cramps. Good luck!!!
When i was 6weeks pregnant, i had brown spottingm and sadly that was the beginning og my miscarrige. However, my spotting started by itself. And my guess it, the dr just irritated your cervix a little when he examined u! I would just keep an eye on the spotting..it if gets heavier, and its fresh, go straight to the hospital. At such a early stage in your pregnancy, if it was a miscarriage, there would ne nothing at all that they can do! But you can get some kind of answers. No pain and no cramping would indicate all should be well...best of luck!
pb95, KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Benefits Of Turmeric In Bursitis
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Weekend Laughter (NEW Wine for Seni...
14 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals