Aa
A
A
Close
Bleeding After Sex!
Hi,
I started dating a new guy and the sex has been a little bit rough. Recently, after having sex we noticed that there was some blood afterwards. I figured the sex was just too rough so I ignored it. However, we had sex again and there was an alarming amount of blood afterwards. What could be causing the bleeding? I can't go to the gyno because I don't have insurance. Someone please give me some advice! I don't think it's an std because I was recently tested in January. Any ideas?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It's possible that you have a cervical ectopy - a common condition among women who have been on birth control for a long time or just given birth. Basically, it causes delicate cells from inside the uterus to move outward onto your cervix (which normally has tougher cells). A side effect is bleeding after sex.

My gynecologist said it sometimes goes away on its own, but I've had this problem for about a year, so I'm going to explore treatment. If you're on birth control, ask whoever prescribes it to you about progesterone only pills -- it may help.

Sometimes states or teaching hospitals offer free gynecological services for women with no health insurance. You should definitely get it checked out by a doctor, even if you've already had an STD test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
740516 tn?1360946086
Blank
AppleBr commented on photo
4 hrs ago
740516 tn?1360946086
Blank