Bleeding a week after intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding a week after intercourse

Should I be concerned that I'm bleeding for so long after the first time I had sex?
I had sex exactly a week ago and did not bleed until the day after. The blood is bright red and I've been experiencing a lot of cramping too. I'm in the pill and we used a condom so I know I'm not pregnant and it's not time for me to have my period for another week or so.
And top of the constant bleeding I have past 3 small rubbery blood clots...I know discusting right?!? But this has never happened before. What's happening? Did I tear something? Should I go to a doctor or just wait?
This condition is called post coital bleeding. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I am going through the same thing! I have spotted a few times after sex and then Tuesday I bled during sex and I should have started about a week before that so I thought I was just starting, but then it stopped.. and I haven't had anything since! But now the last two days i have been having cramps so I am hoping its nothing and I will just start already. I'm really worried that it is something else! :/