Bleeding after first time sex- how long is normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-214 comments:
tow days ago i lost my virginity am 26 years old and never had sex before also this wasnt sex he just push himself insid me ones and i start bleeding too much thats not normal i bleed alot and am still bleeding but its less the problem that i dont know if i lost it or not and if i did how am going to fix that cause i should be virgin if i want to get marred pleas help me and tell me what to do thank you
i'm 19 and me and my boyfriend after 3years that we were ready to make love, but as soon as he tried to go inside me, it hurt bad and i told him to stop, as soon as i felt pain, he came out and we stopped, we went back to the living room and watched tv. when i got up, i felt weird, went to the restroom and i was bleeding, at first it was the kind of blood you get before you start your period and then it turned dark red, it went on heavy for that day, and the next day the same way, i was scared that somethin had happened to me, but my period came 2days ago so im confused about what happened and im scared to do it again, do you think i will bleed if we try again?
foreplay. a lot of foreplay. you want to make sure that you are really wet and ready for him to penetrate you, if not it hurts, and you wont enjoy it as much, i bled for 2 days and then iwas back to normal, and my period came back normal 2weeks later, just make sure that you wear a condom (lubricated intensly) so that you'll feel better and you wont bleed so much (in some cases, girls dont even bleed) hope all goes well :)
i really need advice about what to expect my first time what will happen and what i should do afterwards
btw im 16 and my bf is 20 he is not a virgin i am.
thanks
I lost my virginity last Friday and then Sunday after Sunday I spot bled for about 3 days, idont anymore but it kinda hurts when I pee.
Am I pregnant?
Please help
That is helpful. I am turning 30 tomorrow and I just had sex for the first time last night. It hurt a lot but he was as gentle as he could be. For me there was a lot of blood but maybe I am seeing more then is really there??? It seems like the beginning of my period but I am not due for that for two more weeks.
When i lost my vriginty Which was yesterday it was so painful i did not enjoy it at all.im very sore and still bleeding a little the sad thing is that i only lasted like less then a minute i couldnt stand the pain  
I lost my virginity last Sunday (10 June)...it was painful and I bled, but even after 2-3 hours of having completed the act I kept bleeding and I thought I am having my menstruals.
For the next few days I had little and stained (not red blood flow) spotting. Now I am experiencing cramps (and getting paranoid).
Is there a chance that I might have gotten pregnant?
Please guide.
Im 15 and me and This boy i met that day had sex in the  pool and its been a week almost two and i just started bleeding yesterday and its heavy. I dont wanna tell my parents and i dont wanna go to the doctors what should i do
mujhe kya pata
I just lost my virginity to my boyfriend 3 days ago. He is experienced from the past with his last girlfriend. When we started having sex it hurt really bad and he told me to try to relax. I tried to relax and it took a little bit. But when i relaxed it stopped hurting as much. It lasted 20-30mins. When he finished and took out his penis i didnt hurt at all but i bleed like i had my period. later that night it was the tiniest bit tender and i wasnt bleeding as bad. On Saturday it didnt hurt at all but im still bleeding. I think its spotting its mixed with discharge. Is it going to eventually stop? Should i be concerned? Why did i barley hurt at all after? When should i be fine to have sex again?
So I had sex for the first time on tuesday night (30-31st oct). It was with my boyfriend. Although he went slow (or at least tried to) and softly, it still hurt. It must have lasted about 30-40 minutes or so (I had been drinking...so my judgement of time was off and I also was not thinking about that).
He used a condom. In fact he changed condoms every time he pulled out because I am not on birth control and was thus paranoid.
We did it again the next morning when we woke up. We were both sober and it was still just as uncomfortable.

It's been 4 days or so and I am spotting/bleeding.
I considered buying plan b and i asked him to go and check the condoms, which were all 'good' according to him.
I'm paranoid about being pregnant. I'm only 20 and that would just crush me (and I'm sure he feels the same way).
It all kinda happened so quickly and, although we did it twice and I wanted to at the time, I'm starting to think that I might also have post-sex depression of some sort.

so: 1) could I still be pregnant?? should i go take a pregnancy test??
2) am I spotting because it was still too rough??
3) how can i get over these blues? like I almost don't want to see him kinda of blues...

please help me!!
So I had sex for the first time on Friday night and since he didn't know it was my first time, he wasn't exactly going slow...
It hurt quite a lot, and we had to stop after a while because I was bleeding quite heavily.
Not only was this mortifying, but yeah I just wanted check that this wasn't abnormal -  I'm still sore now and I can't figure out if it's because my hymen was possibly broken - although I'm twenty and figured that it would have broken long ago - or just because of the friction...
Any advice would be welcome!
I have just started bleeding a had sex for the first  3 days ago it that normal :(
I'm 17 I lost my virginity two days ago and I'm still bleeding I don't bleed much when I stand up but when I pee I bleed a lot!! I'm really scared and don't know if that's normal or not!!
Any help??
during sex i bled quite heavily and then today too, also i was wondering does the pill still work if you don't take your 7 day break (we used protection but in curiosity)
I will still bleed after having vigorous sex from time to time and I have a kid but if you are really worried you can always ask your doctor....good luck
I'm 22 and just lost my virginity. Before that I used to masturbate. We had sex twice the first day and I didn't bleed at all but I was slightly sore. After that we had sex off and on with at least a day in between and each time I would be tight and sore after but no blood. That went on for two weeks and then he went in vacation. He was gone for a week and while he was gone I developed a yeast infection. When he came back and we had sex again, I'd been treating it for 4 days. My problem is this; Sex HURT this time and I bled a moderate amount. I've been really sore to the touch for over 24 hours and I'm still bleeding a tiny bit. Also, the smell is stronger than normal. (I am still treating for the yeast infection, I haven't missed a treatment and it's a 7 day treatment). Just now I took a bath with Epsom salts, baking soda, Rosemary E Oil and Tea Tree E oil and while I was using my fingers to flush out my vagina there were some small particles (dried blood? Membrane?) coming out. Very small and almost clear. I'm not sure what it means. Should I be worried? Did it really take my bf 3 weeks to "pop my cherry"? How long will it take for me to stop feeling tight and sore every time we do it?
Hey , I'm 18 and I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend and well at first he was fingering me and I was sorta bleeding not to much and then we got it in and I obviously bled more. The next morning it was gone. 2 days later he was fingering me and I started to bleed once again so we stopped. A day later I was showering and I was washing down there ad touched a bit inside to clean and started bleeding again .....? Should I be scared or
I had sex for the first time 3 days ago, i've been bleeding since but its kinda stoping now. I have really bad stomach ache and im not hungry at all, i feel nausea. PLEASE HELP
heeey i hope you're ok by now... please help me... I had sex for the first time 3 days ago, i've been bleeding since but its kinda stoping now. I have really bad stomach ache and im not hungry at all, i feel nausea. Did you ended up being pregnant?
Hi I know this is wierd but i am an 13 year old girl and I get teased at school for being a virgin. So about 10-20 mins. ago I turned on some porn and played with myself. After I got out a vibrator and played..... Well u know. So I tried to put it in me but it started to hurt. So then I stoped and I saw that I was bleeding down there. So wat do I do...... Should I just fake like I'm on my period. Please help
A couple days ago I lost my virginity we were careful and used a condom. I bled a lot though and I've been mildly freaking out. The last few days I've been spotty but the blood hasn't been red, it was sort of brown and I've been sore. Can anyone tell me when the bleeding and the tenderness will stop?
I am 20 turning 21 and I lost my virginity today with my boyfriend of over 1 year. Protected of course. It was hard getting his d*ck in cuz he kept getting erect then not then erect again and again. lol. and I think I'm tight so it was kinda hard getting it in (I never inserted more than two fingers and that kinda already hurt), but when i did, i felt pain and discomfort. It became better when I relaxed more but it still hurt a bit. He wiped the condom with a tissue and got shocked at the site of blood. It bled a moderate amount and we just continued doing other things to finish up because it was feeling quite sore.

I have masturbated before and though I already broke my hymen.
Our mistake wasn't having enough foreplay and we were super in the mood so I guess there was a lack of erection and lubrication.

Is there a chance i'll bleed again?
*sorry we weren't super in the mood
I just lost my virginity on Friday and it was horrible but I'm 19 should I go in to the doctor and get looked at and on birth control?
I'm having sex for the first time what should I do I don't know anything , can we the first ttime have 2 houres sex ? And can we do it the next day plz help
The hymen is the main factor that will determine whether or not you will bleed during first time sex. If your hymen has already been broken, there is a chance that you may not bleed. There are many other causes of a hymen breaking aside from sex. Girls who are involved in sports which involve a lot of stretching or splits, such as gymnastics or ballet, may find that their hymen breaks before they have sex. Masturbation can also cause the hymen to break before first time sex.Bleeding the first two to three times you have sexual intercourse is nothing to worry about. Once you have been having sex for months or years and are still bleeding, there could be a problem. Certain sexually transmitted diseases, gynecological conditions and even certain types of cancer can cause vaginal bleeding after sex. Some women also suffer from vaginal dryness, which can cause this problem. If you experience continuous bleeding after sex, it is important to talk to your gynecologist about it.
I lost my virginty two days ago and I have been spotting since the day after. I have no idea if this is normal and I'm kind of scared! Am I supposed to be spotting after my first time??
i had sex with my girlfriend last week and its our first time 2-3 days later some light brown blood or something came out of her vagina is it normal?do i have something to worry about?
Me and my boyfriend had sex tonight for the first time in a year since he just got back from the marines... after we had sex I was fine a lil sore and some bleeding not alot at first, but now it's just none stop heavy flow and it's really freaking me out!!! What do I do?!?!
I dont normally do anything like this, I am 17, straight A honor student i believe in a purity ring...no sex til marriage...but i decided to drink at my dads house. i figure..im with family im safe right? well my cousins bf was there and everyone was asleep and we were still drinking. my cousin was gone she went walking around for a while...and i dont remember anything after. all i know is i woke up tender and bleeding...not too bad...and i cant tell if im on my period or not...its more on the lines of not..but at the same time..still bleeding a little...and i guess when my cousin came back she saw her bf on top of me my pants down...she said she didnt see anything like..she doesnt know for sure...i cant remember a thing..and he says he doesnt remember either...im not sure if i lost my v...im not sure about anything...i dont have time for a possible baby..if my mom were to find anything out shed kill me...is any of this normal?? im so scared..
The other day I lost my virginity to my boyfriend & I didn't bleed during the process but now I'm spotting & I don't know if its normal or not...
I had lost my virginity a week ago and I've noticed some blood on my underwear the next morning and later that night. I normally don't get my period till the 3rd, or around that time . And today when I woke up I saw some discharge(obvs)  reddish,Brownish, blood on my underwear.. What could this mean?
I had sex yesterday morning &' mines still bleeding they say it's normal , but I wanna knoee why I'm still bleeding after the fact that it happened yesterday , I'm so scaredd it's my first timee ever having my hymen popped .
So PAID sex isn't prohibited? Good to know. I'll go hire a male prostitute
i am 15 year old and i am virgin my problem is that i have lots of sperms every time plz help me
i am 15 year and i am virgin my problem is that i have lots of sperms every time plz help me
Last friday i lost my virginity and it hurted like hell.. as of bleeding i bled a little in my sheets. 2days later i started to bleed like it was on the last day of my period n haven't really stopped since. Its been off n on. Not to sound too graphic but every time a pee it burns a little. As of me n my partner we use a condom so im not sure whats going on why me. I mean we only had sex for 30 to 40 min && that many.  Can someone please help me ?
i am still veirginn but i have lots of sperms plz help me
i am single girl and i have intercourse with my boy friend and i want my vagina in normal position so plz tell me my any body what can i do because i am getting married with other guy
It will stop with in 3 to 4 days. its like a period. theres nothing to be worried about it will be ok! its gona hurt for the first time cause your hymen has been broke. you can do it any time you feel like your ready again. b.t.w im 12 i know how it is lol
yeah shes telling the truth, the first time i had sex my cherry didn't pop. ive been having it for four years now and no one has popped mine. sometimes it just doesnt happen for some women, or it could have already been popped by an accident, like some hard pressure on her parts. i mean she could be lying but just because she didn't bleed doesn't mean she is.
You can' spell. Anyway Mom's Friend, who is a minister and a woman of God, teaches that sex is good for everybody from puberty on and she subscribes to the "orgasm a day" rule proposed by the British National Health Service. The blood of defloration and the blood of periods symbolizes the blood of Jesus as much as the semen symbolizes His body and blood. Sex is healthy and indeed obeys God's Law of Love.  
I had sex and I been bleeding and we where unprotected but he pulled out before he cumed so is it possible that I am pregaent and how long am I going to bleed before it goes back to normal
It depends really. Don't think pulling out before ejaculation can prevent pregnancy, treat a penis like a loaded gun... it's always dangerous, you should protect it with a condom at all times!  If you do you will not only stand a good chance of getting pregnant you will also be at risk of catching a nasty sexually transmitted infection.
If i was you, i would tell my mom what happened. She is the best person to ask a question like that. And she would more than likely not be as mad at you  because of the possibility of what you implied. Talk to her. Mommy's know best. Good luck sweetie.
What do you mean by your virgin and you have lots of sperm?
Viewing 201-214 comments: