Bleeding after first time sex- how long is normal?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Viewing 201-235 comments:
heeey i hope you're ok by now... please help me... I had sex for the first time 3 days ago, i've been bleeding since but its kinda stoping now. I have really bad stomach ache and im not hungry at all, i feel nausea. Did you ended up being pregnant?
Hi I know this is wierd but i am an 13 year old girl and I get teased at school for being a virgin. So about 10-20 mins. ago I turned on some porn and played with myself. After I got out a vibrator and played..... Well u know. So I tried to put it in me but it started to hurt. So then I stoped and I saw that I was bleeding down there. So wat do I do...... Should I just fake like I'm on my period. Please help
A couple days ago I lost my virginity we were careful and used a condom. I bled a lot though and I've been mildly freaking out. The last few days I've been spotty but the blood hasn't been red, it was sort of brown and I've been sore. Can anyone tell me when the bleeding and the tenderness will stop?
I am 20 turning 21 and I lost my virginity today with my boyfriend of over 1 year. Protected of course. It was hard getting his d*ck in cuz he kept getting erect then not then erect again and again. lol. and I think I'm tight so it was kinda hard getting it in (I never inserted more than two fingers and that kinda already hurt), but when i did, i felt pain and discomfort. It became better when I relaxed more but it still hurt a bit. He wiped the condom with a tissue and got shocked at the site of blood. It bled a moderate amount and we just continued doing other things to finish up because it was feeling quite sore.

I have masturbated before and though I already broke my hymen.
Our mistake wasn't having enough foreplay and we were super in the mood so I guess there was a lack of erection and lubrication.

Is there a chance i'll bleed again?
*sorry we weren't super in the mood
I just lost my virginity on Friday and it was horrible but I'm 19 should I go in to the doctor and get looked at and on birth control?
I'm having sex for the first time what should I do I don't know anything , can we the first ttime have 2 houres sex ? And can we do it the next day plz help
The hymen is the main factor that will determine whether or not you will bleed during first time sex. If your hymen has already been broken, there is a chance that you may not bleed. There are many other causes of a hymen breaking aside from sex. Girls who are involved in sports which involve a lot of stretching or splits, such as gymnastics or ballet, may find that their hymen breaks before they have sex. Masturbation can also cause the hymen to break before first time sex.Bleeding the first two to three times you have sexual intercourse is nothing to worry about. Once you have been having sex for months or years and are still bleeding, there could be a problem. Certain sexually transmitted diseases, gynecological conditions and even certain types of cancer can cause vaginal bleeding after sex. Some women also suffer from vaginal dryness, which can cause this problem. If you experience continuous bleeding after sex, it is important to talk to your gynecologist about it.
I lost my virginty two days ago and I have been spotting since the day after. I have no idea if this is normal and I'm kind of scared! Am I supposed to be spotting after my first time??
i had sex with my girlfriend last week and its our first time 2-3 days later some light brown blood or something came out of her vagina is it normal?do i have something to worry about?
Me and my boyfriend had sex tonight for the first time in a year since he just got back from the marines... after we had sex I was fine a lil sore and some bleeding not alot at first, but now it's just none stop heavy flow and it's really freaking me out!!! What do I do?!?!
I dont normally do anything like this, I am 17, straight A honor student i believe in a purity ring...no sex til marriage...but i decided to drink at my dads house. i figure..im with family im safe right? well my cousins bf was there and everyone was asleep and we were still drinking. my cousin was gone she went walking around for a while...and i dont remember anything after. all i know is i woke up tender and bleeding...not too bad...and i cant tell if im on my period or not...its more on the lines of not..but at the same time..still bleeding a little...and i guess when my cousin came back she saw her bf on top of me my pants down...she said she didnt see anything like..she doesnt know for sure...i cant remember a thing..and he says he doesnt remember either...im not sure if i lost my v...im not sure about anything...i dont have time for a possible baby..if my mom were to find anything out shed kill me...is any of this normal?? im so scared..
The other day I lost my virginity to my boyfriend & I didn't bleed during the process but now I'm spotting & I don't know if its normal or not...
I had lost my virginity a week ago and I've noticed some blood on my underwear the next morning and later that night. I normally don't get my period till the 3rd, or around that time . And today when I woke up I saw some discharge(obvs)  reddish,Brownish, blood on my underwear.. What could this mean?
I had sex yesterday morning &' mines still bleeding they say it's normal , but I wanna knoee why I'm still bleeding after the fact that it happened yesterday , I'm so scaredd it's my first timee ever having my hymen popped .
So PAID sex isn't prohibited? Good to know. I'll go hire a male prostitute
i am 15 year old and i am virgin my problem is that i have lots of sperms every time plz help me
i am 15 year and i am virgin my problem is that i have lots of sperms every time plz help me
Last friday i lost my virginity and it hurted like hell.. as of bleeding i bled a little in my sheets. 2days later i started to bleed like it was on the last day of my period n haven't really stopped since. Its been off n on. Not to sound too graphic but every time a pee it burns a little. As of me n my partner we use a condom so im not sure whats going on why me. I mean we only had sex for 30 to 40 min && that many.  Can someone please help me ?
i am still veirginn but i have lots of sperms plz help me
i am single girl and i have intercourse with my boy friend and i want my vagina in normal position so plz tell me my any body what can i do because i am getting married with other guy
It will stop with in 3 to 4 days. its like a period. theres nothing to be worried about it will be ok! its gona hurt for the first time cause your hymen has been broke. you can do it any time you feel like your ready again. b.t.w im 12 i know how it is lol
yeah shes telling the truth, the first time i had sex my cherry didn't pop. ive been having it for four years now and no one has popped mine. sometimes it just doesnt happen for some women, or it could have already been popped by an accident, like some hard pressure on her parts. i mean she could be lying but just because she didn't bleed doesn't mean she is.
You can' spell. Anyway Mom's Friend, who is a minister and a woman of God, teaches that sex is good for everybody from puberty on and she subscribes to the "orgasm a day" rule proposed by the British National Health Service. The blood of defloration and the blood of periods symbolizes the blood of Jesus as much as the semen symbolizes His body and blood. Sex is healthy and indeed obeys God's Law of Love.  
I had sex and I been bleeding and we where unprotected but he pulled out before he cumed so is it possible that I am pregaent and how long am I going to bleed before it goes back to normal
It depends really. Don't think pulling out before ejaculation can prevent pregnancy, treat a penis like a loaded gun... it's always dangerous, you should protect it with a condom at all times!  If you do you will not only stand a good chance of getting pregnant you will also be at risk of catching a nasty sexually transmitted infection.
If i was you, i would tell my mom what happened. She is the best person to ask a question like that. And she would more than likely not be as mad at you  because of the possibility of what you implied. Talk to her. Mommy's know best. Good luck sweetie.
What do you mean by your virgin and you have lots of sperm?
He was probably just too rough or too fast, it helps to let him know you're a virgin and to be gentle, it'll still hurt but not as bad and it will start to feel better when you get into it
If u r 13 and u didn't have ur period yet it was a bad choice to play with itself but if ur 13 and already had ur period we'll good luck and this just means ur sore from the 'pop"  to be a virgin inside a vagina is a kinda like a bubble when it pops ur not a virgin anymore so technically I think it may have popped which is causing the sore and unComfortable feeling. So u can tell ur friends ur not a virgin
Just breaking your hymen doesn't mean you aren't a virgin. You need to have sex to lose your virginity!
Being a virgin is nothing to be ashamed of. Girls or guys that tease you for being a virgin just wish they were still one! Trust me, I've been through it. I'm 42 and still a virgin, and plan to be until I get married. Hold on to your virginity! It is the most precious thing you will ever have!
I want to state clearly that there are no doctors on this forum.  Higher up in the posts, you received some helpful information.  However, the original poster is long gone as this post is a couple of years old and hopefully she has worked through this.  luck to all
Im 15 and I just lost my virginity last night, and it was so painful. I am bleeding so much. It feels a little uncomfortable
go to your concern doctor as soon as possible... you are too young so that's why this is not good for your health.
I am a 14 year old girl, me and my boyfriend had sex yesterday at 4am it is now 12;15am the next day, im still bleeding ut its not like my period, I thought I started my period so I put a tampon in the when I went to change the tampon there was no blood on the tampon but all over my underwear. I don't understand !!
please help me.
If you was a virgin before you had sex with him it could be because of that, everyone bleeds after their first time its normal, people are different and bleed more than others.
I am guessing that you was a virgin before you had sex with him, the bleeding would be because it was your first time. The discharge is normal and so is the bleeding, sometimes you can bleed badly but it is normal. It could last up to a week or a little over. It didnt hurt after because he has already cut into your vigina (vagina) (thats why it hurt and it only cuts on your first time its normal). You should be able to have sex when the bleeding has stopped but use a condom as it lubricants it and wont make it hurt as much or be hard to put is penis in you.
It is perfectly normal for you to bleed everyone does after their first time and if you get discharge it is normal too. It will hurt badly after and during your first but the pain will go. You dont need to take a pregnancy test and the bleeding should last up to about a week or a little more, you shoulf try talking to him about your depression and why you feel like that. Talking to your sexual partner will help. It is not his fault your are bleeding it is perfectly normal.
It is perfectly normal to bleed after your first time sex and even if your aren't a virgin, if you was a virgin before having sex it it fine because everyone does and it should stop up to a week or a little more. You won't need to go to your doctor and if you wasnt a virgin it would be because he was "big" and you wasnt.
It is normal to bleed after your first time is should last up to about a week ir a little more. Nothing to be concerned about, others bleed more
It is normal to bleed after your first. It should last up to about a week or more.
It is normal, everyone bleeds after their first time. You bleed more when you pee is because its forcing the blood to come out.
It does work but it can make you infertile. You may be bleeding because yoy have had you break for your period or that he has a big penis and it is too big for your vigina (vagina) to handle
You should no have had sex while you are being treated for thrush also known as yeast infection, it doesn't help and stops the treatment from working, it you had unprotected sex it would have gave him an infection too and it hurts because you had sex with thrush. That's also why its sore. You can buy a cream that stops the itch and sore its called canesten. You should go back to your doctor and have more medication to start the treatment again. Dont have sex until a few weeks after being treated.
You will still be tight agter a while, it depends really on how big your boyfriends penis is. If it is rather thick then it shouldnt take as long because it is his penis that stretches your vigina (vagina). It will be sore because of yeast infection. You shouldnt have sex during or soon after having and being treated for it. You will have to start treatment again if having sex during
It is normal to bleed, eveyone does but not eveyone does straight after or during. It should stop within a week or more.
It is normal to bleed, it was because you were a virgin. It should stop within a week or more. People bleed more and some less
Viewing 201-235 comments:
pb95 commented on renae176's status
LandM2009 commented on photo
LandM2009 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals