Bleeding after giving birth

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bleeding after giving birth

I just had a question about bleeding after you give birth.  How long do you tend to bleed?  I know everyone is different and it also depends on if you have a c-section or vaginal birth.  Everyone has told me different things.  Also, does breast feeding cause you not to bleed?  I am sorry I have so many questions, but this is my first and I am so interested in everything I can find out about it.  Any little bit of information or advice would help.  I just want to know seeing that afterwards I want to go back to BD with my DH as soon as I can and just want to know how long I will have to wait!
Avatar n tn
HI I HAD MY FIRST CHILD IN JANUARY, I WAS ALSO INTRESTED IN ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ASKED... I HAD A 10 POUND 10 SON WITH A 6 HOUR LABOUR & 1/2 HOUR DELIVERY I HAVE A VAGINAL BIRTH BUT NEEDED FORCEPS DELIVERY BECAUSE HIS HEAD WAS SO BIG, I BEGAN BREAST FEEDING IMMEDIATLY AND STILL AM (HE IS NOW 5 MONTHS OLD) THE BLEEDING AFTER THE BIRTH  WAS LIKE A MEDIUM PERIOD AND STOPPED WITHIN 2 WEEKS. I HAVE HAD MY PERIOD EVERY MONTH NOW ARROUND THE SAME DATE SINCE HE WAS BORN BUT IT IS LATE THIS MONTH I HAVE TAKEN A FEW PREGNANCY TESTS BUT THEY WERE BOTH NEGATIVE... MY MA SAID THAT YOUR CYCLE CAN BE A LITTLE DICKED AROUND FOR A FEW MONTHS AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN BIRTH... I HOPE THIS HAS HELPED... SHELL...
Avatar n tn
Thanks. I plan on breast feeding so maybe I will be like you.  I hope that I only bleed for a little bit and then get back to my old self again.  I am just ready to be back to normal, especially when it comes to sex with my DH.  Thanks for the info!
I nursed both boys exclusively but the bleeding PP varied with each regardless of that. With my first I was overdoing it without realizing it and ended up bleeding for a few weeks, and having leukorrhea for a few weeks beyond that. With my second, I had both for about 2-2.5 weeks total. I had vag deliveries with both. I think the second time around, despite having a 2.5 year old to chase around, I knew to rest as much as possible and if the bleeding picked up to slow down.

Invest in some good pads. I prefer the incontinence pads (the ones that are a step below the full brief ones) Pair those with some good sturdy hanes her way granny panties and you will be fine : )

Andi
Avatar n tn
I had my daughter by c-section and I had a heavy bleeding for almost 3 months. I thought that I was bleeding to death, but I was told that was completly normal. So yes every woman is very different.
i have a question to all the mothers out there, i just had a baby 3 months ago and i am now starting to bleed again but it is heavy i am filling up 12 or more pads a day i just cant afford it what do i do, my boyfriend is getting mad at me because he doesnt know what to do, i am confused
butterflybabies commented on photo
Amy4891 Doing better with my psycho... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals