Bleeding after sex.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding after sex.

I'm 18 and haven't had sex in almost a year until recently, I have been on birth control (LoSeasonique) for almost two years. Last week I had sex with my most recent boyfriend for the first time together and had very very light bleeding after, and it was not painful except right when he entered. The blood is very light red. We had sex again last night and this time it was a little bit more intense and a tiny bit painful, but not enough to want to stop. About 4 hours later I started having cramping, which I think may just be from the physical activity, because it stops hurting when I stretch, but there was light bleeding again, and a little bit more than last time. We have both been screened for std/sti and are both clear. I've also been checked for cysts a year ago but was clear for that too. I'm not sure if this is happening because something tore or if the blood is coming from inside my vagina. Any idea what this could be ?
hey there,
i too sometimes bleed after sex with my husband (even when its not rough) some women have sensitive cervixes or sensitive vaginal wall lining and when its bumped it can bleed a bit. also considering you haven't had sex in a while i wouldn't worry too much unless its crazy heavy and clotted. a little bit doesn't hurt. dont worry if it turns brown, that means its old blood and you are healing up and your vagina is cleansing itself. sometimes using lubricant can help. and dont push yourself if it hurts.
hope you are feeling better soon
hey there,
hope you are feeling better soon
Intermenstrual bleeding may be due to many causes. In your case, as it was after intercourse then chances of genital infection or cervical polyps are there. They are tiny, harmless growths on the outer surface of the cervix and can bleed after intense sexual intercourse. Stress and anxiety can also cause intermenstrual bleeding.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

This too just happened to me. I hadn't had sex for a couple years and once I did, I noticed a little blood and cramping later. I am curious to what it could be too or maybe it's nothing. If it happens continually, then I will have it checked out. Also because my period ended over a week ago.