Bleeding after taking Emergency Contraception?
My period started on the 1st November and lasted for about 5 days as usual. I had sex the day after with my boyfriend but the condom spilt. Naturally, I worried and took Levonelle the day after. I've taken it before and it has been fine. But yesterday, I noticed I started to bleed. It was only the 13th yesterday, I'm no where near my period date as I only finished not so long ago. I feel quite worried. Is this normal? The blood is quite dark and it seems to be getting heavier. Any idea what it is and when it will end? Is my cycle messed up?
The bleeding after post coital pill is not period bleeding but breakthrough bleeding. There is nothing to worry if you got it after taking the post coital pill.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.