Bleeding moles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding moles

I was told when I was younger that a spot on my lower back was a mole. It was always raised and had sort of a greenish tint. Today it started to bleed.
I was skeptical that it was a mole because of the color, but especially today I doubted that diagnosis. What else could it be, and what should I do if it is actually a mole? I do not have health insurance.
Hi, you ABSOLUTELY need to get it checked out.  Any change in size, shape, texture, sudden itchiness or bleeding of a mole/freckle/unknown green mass on the skin, MUST be investigated as these are all signs the cells are could be turning/are cancerous - also, it does NOT matter where the mole is located (arm, breast, or under the foot) since cancer does not discriminate.
You are in a tough situation because you dont have health insurance but, if you do dont do anything about this you could find yourself in an even tougher situation.  Please go to the doctor ASAP.
What spade22 said.   Skin cancer is very treatable when caught early.
My father had the same thing. It was on his shoulder and he thought nothing of it. Eventually I convinced him to see a doctor and it was skin cancer.
It is SO important that you go see a doctor. It's worth the money.
Im in Canada so I don't know all the issues with the lack of health care but skin cancer is sooo important. as is all cancers.
My dad waited to long. Don't make that mistake!
Go get it removed. Don't worry about the insurance problem, speak to someone in the hospitals human resource dept. Most hospitals have grant given to them for people who cannot afford healthcare. They just don't like to advertise it. Your health is worth the reassurance or removal! Best of luck to you.