Bleeding only brown during period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding only brown during period

Hey again, I'm back with yet another question. Sorry if I annoy anyone for posting again, but I'm just wondering about something. My AF started on the 30th, but I only had a little bit of brown discharge the entire day that barely showed up when I wiped. However yesterday and today I've continued to bleed but it has only been brown blood the entire time, with some red blood thrown but not much. I've barely went through one tampon per day, sorry TMI. All of my periods have always been medium-heavy flow during the few day or so, and always needed at least 4 tampons a day...again TMI. Anyone know what could be causing this irregular bleeding? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again!
The brown blood is probably just old blood that didn't get out during your last period. Nothing to worry about besides a lot of women have brown or sometimes even black colored periods. If the lightness of the period worries you go get checked out just to be sure. But I wouldn't worry about the coloring. Good luck !
Is there a possibility you might be pregnant?  If so, being
pregnant would effect your period length and how heavy it is.
You might consider taking a HPT if there is a possibility.
Good luck!
I had the same type of periods but mine were VERY PAINFUL. It was brown and light for several months, then there was a smell, and pain and then heavy bleeding- I had endometriosis.  The dr. said the brown "old" blood is sometimes a "sluffing" of endometrian tissue.  If this continues- especially if start having pain- see the dr. sooner rather than later- there is a lot that can be done to help!!!
I too have noticed that my periods are very light and only consist of brown blood.  my period use to last about 5 days and they were heavy and i never had brown periods.  Is this a sign of pregnancy?  i took multiple pregnancy tests about three months ago after having unprotected sex with my fiancee.  the tests were all negative and then i got my period so i assumed i wasn't pregnany.  please help!
I have been on birth control pills since the age of 15 and am now currently 33.  I switched to Lessina 28 tablet last year and have noticed that now my period only last 3 days and is a light brownish color and it's very very light.  Is this normal??
A few times, during college and otherwise...I have had light, and spotty, brown-blood periods.  Two of those few times, I actually had a tampon "stuck" inside.  It could've been forgotten or a misapplication, but it was stuck none-the-less.  If things start getting an odor, definitely go to a doctor and have them check for a tampon.  I know it's gross, but.... they'll tell you, too,  it happens all the time!
Good Luck!
i was suppossed to get my period yesterday..so i stuck my finger in there (TMI..sorry) to see if it was going to happen..cuz when i get my period it is like harder in there and like more tightish and it feels that way..when i took my finger out there was brown discharge..and u know what..i thought that was my period..so i was like WHEW..cuz i had unprotected sex around ovulation..but then today i wake up and there is still no blood...no brown when i wipe and its only brown when i take it ouit..like with my finger..no blood...?? whats gopin non..i mean i have brown at the begining of most of my periods but it usually turns red after a couple of hours..its been over 17 hours and still nothing...i had light cramping..like period type but no blood..idk..anyone ever have this ever??

HELP PLEASE!
I am having the same problem but me.. I should have started my period a week 1/2 ago.. and all i am getting right now it the brownish pinkish stuff but it is only when I wipe or like you touch it with my finger.. I wish I new what it was...
i'm having close to the same problem,
i was normal back at the beginning of december and i always would start at the beginning of the month... but like 2 weeks in i started having the brownish and sometimes pinkish stuff...it has lasted for a little more than 3 weeks without stopping and not being heavy but only a few times... what could this be??
Ive ben on yaz birthcontrol for about 3 months now. I hade just got off my period a few days ago and started a new pack of birth controll for the new month. Its ben 6 days that i have ben talking the new month n i hade just hade unpretected sex for the frist time. I have been expericing random brownish redish milkey bleeding off n on befor i hade unpretected sex n after. is this sumthing i should be concerend about since i just hade unretected sex? should i worrie about being pregnant? Or should i not worrie about it n keep taking my birthcontrol regularly?
please help my last proper period was the 9th september and then i was due again 9th oct which never happened and on the 20th oct i had a brown bleed for 2 days then have had nothing until 26th november which was a brown colour for bout 4 days and spotting a little since.. i came off the pill in june and my husband and i have been trying for a baby not sure what is going on all pregnancy tests have been negative and have few symptoms although dr said not to worry and if it is negative i cant be pregnant..what do you suggest?
I HAVE NOT HAD A NORMAL PERIOD SINCE AUGUST OF 08 WHEN SEPTEMBER CAME I HAD A 3 DAY PERIOD OF NOTHING BUT BROWN BLOOD SO I TOOK A HPT CAME BACK NEGATIVE. THEN OCT-JAN THE SAME THING 3 DAYS AND BROWN BLOOD. I AM NOT ON ANY BIRTH CONTROL AND MY HUSBAND AND I DO NOT USE PROTECTION(HOPING FOR ANOTHER BABY) I HAVE TAKEN AT LEAST 7 HPT AND ALL CAME BACK NEGATIVE. I HAVE GONE TO THE DR WHICH SHE SAYS I COULD BE PREGNANT STILL WITH A NEG HPT. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AT FIRST I FIGURED IT WAS STRESS(HUBBY LEFT FOR IRAQ IN OCT) BUT TO STILL BE HAVING THEM LIKE THIS. I AM IN MY OWN SWING OF THIS AND NOT REALLY STRESSED OUT. WITH OUR FIRST CHILD I KNEW I WAS PREGNANT 4 DAYS AFTER MY MISSED PERIOD AND HAD A PRETTY CLOSE TO TEXTBOOK PREGNANCY WITH HIM. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AND IM GETTING NERVOUS...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE
hi i was a month late for my period and then i  had bad pains in my stomach like cramps so like an hr later i went to the bathroom and brown stuff came down and that was on a monday and now it is friday and it is still brown and a lil red was in there 2 brownish red..i was feeling a lil sick and sleeping all the time now i feel a lil better i bought a home pregnancy test but then i got the brownish stuff so i havent taken it..is there a possibility i could be pregnant??????? please some 1 answer me
i haven't even had sex yet and my period has been here for about 4 days, extremely light, and when ever a little does come out, it is really brown and when it gets on my pad or underwear, it turns black. I dont know whats going on, but since other people are having it, i know that its not just me. :\  Old period blood does sound like it could be right, but this is my second period like this.  
I stopped my birth control for 3 months and was 2 weeks late on starting my period. I had a brown discharge about a week before my period around the 6th of June. Myperiod seemed really light in comparison to a normal period. It almost seemed spotty and started on like the 10th of june. I had sex for the first time on June 4th. I was wondering if this seemed like my period trying to adjust to not taking medicine or is it possible that i am pregnant. I also wanted to add that I have not started birth control yet and planned to start on Monday, june 15. I am obviously female and 20 years old.
IM 16..YES I NO PRETTY YOUNG IVE BENN PREGNANT AND HAD AN ABORTION YES I NO.. I DIDNT GO BAK 2 THE DO 2 GET MY CHECK UP LIKE I SHOULD HAVE!! AND MY PERIODS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IRREGULAR MY PERIODS ARE VERY LIGHT I USUALLY ONLI NEED 1 PAD A DAY!>.BUY MY PERIOD BLOOD IS BROWNISH RED AND IT HURTS WEN I PEE I HAVE PROTECTION WEN I HAVE SEX!!..AND YES MY BOYFRIEND HAS BEEN CHECKED AND HAS NOTHING WAT SHOULD I DOO! IM VERY SCARED!
I'm in the mid 20s. I have irregualr periods often. Etc there was 1 mth i had my period for 1 whole mth which I over bled. Recntly this 2 mths the dates are not acurrate. This mth my period was late for 1 week. When i thought my period finally came, it was only little bled. The timing was weird. Tec Morning came a little when i urine. Afternoon the blood was brown in color abit, then there was totally thing during the night, the next day starts the same thing again. It have been like this till now for around 2week+. I never had sex before but sometimes i do masturbate.

What will happen to me?
Can u help?
Thank you.
hey im in a situation similar to these stories. i have been on yasmin(contraceptive) since i was 15, i am nw 19, i used to have normal periods that would last about 5-6 days with the right amount of red blood. but in the last 11 months approx i have had dark or light brown blood and not much,  but it lasts for about 8 days, extremely painful, but there is no red blood at all for the 8 days just brown mucousy? i have no idea whats goin on, should i see a doctor for this??

cheers ash
I missed my pms the whole of june then july the 7th i had brown discharge, then nxt day i started getting really bad pains in my stomach and was bleeding, it was brown with a bit of red and really light, then the next day it slowed down, still brown with a bit of red and then on the sunday it stopped, my stomach has swollen out, my breasts have got viens on them and my nipples (TMI sry) have gone like a browny purple colour, i have had urine preg tests and 2 blood test and came bk neg, I am soooo confused and its really getting me down plz can sum1 help me.  
i had my period normally on july 2nd. my periods are very regular, 28 to 30 day cycle. had sex during ovulation.(trying to get preg) on the 23rd starting having dull cramps like i was having my period early. now is the 27th and have been having brown period only when i wipe, but mediumish flow. wondering if normal. i never have this happen, i usually only have light spotting 2-3days before period is due.
is this normal? maybe implantation bleeding? took a pt yesterday and it was neg.
i'm 40.
thanks, jewelrygirl1169
i started birth control for the first time on this period, and 3-4dys after period have super abundant and clumpy brown discharge(more than normal and lasts longer than the normal brown discharge i get after period),,,,i think period was a tad bit shorter than normal
help?????

o and sex started for the first time 4 months ago
ummm i had my first period like last month so im kinda new to this but like i had brown blackish stuff in my pad and i was like umm what the heck is this??? ive never had sex unprotected or any other way im not on birth control or anything like that. like i dont know if this is normal i mean im only 12 whats wrong with me???? please help me
Today when I got my periode ; I felt the wet. So I immeidently went to the bathroom. When I wiped it almsot looked like a lot of just regular discharge but with a red tint. As if I colored it red... I had unprotective sex twice since I had my last period. Is there a chace I might be pregnant??
plz help! im sure im not pregnant. and im not sure if those brown stuff were my period already. there was only a little bit of blood but theres more brown stuff. could that be my period or am i just getting my period soon. im only 12 and i dont really want to talk to mum about it. please help. i thought i was suppose to have it a few days/weeks after my mum does (mum got it on the 8th) but mine still not there. ive got my period a few times b4 like 2 times before. but this time i think its late or something. please please please help. im pretty sure im not pregnant coz ive never done it with any1 and i highly doubt im pregnant. please help!!
Hello, im sixteen and my period is dark brown this has never happened before iv never had sex and use no birth control can someone tell me if this is noraml or does it mean im unhealthy
i was suppose to have my period last week, for 2 days i wore a pantyliner and nothing came. i noticed when i wiped i had a brown discharge. i took a hpt and it was negative, it's been over a week still no period.  should i be worried since i did have unprotected sex with my husband during ovulation?
My period was a day late and then I started spotting a pinkish/clear discharge (only when I wipe). so for two days i didn't wear a tampon. then the third day it was brownish with very light red, a few times. My period is usually heavy but this time it was extremely light, almost like it wasn't there. Then when I put a tampon on, a few red raindrop sized blood pieces were on it.  I went the third day wearing one tampon, and nothin was on it but the bownish stuff with the red drops. On the 4th day I didn't even sleep with a tampon on, and there was no leakage. On the 5th day, I saw a little red, but then it went back to the brownish stuff. On the last day, I counted my tampons and I only used about 6 tampons the entire time, all had nearly nothing on them but the pinkish/clear or brownish/red stuff. What's happening? Help me Out ladiez!
I have been diagnosed with pcos, and no-one has really explained it to me properly. The doc gave me some pills and said that they would help. I have now been having some form of period for about 15 days. To start it was very light and would be there and gone agin within hours, but now its more like a regular period should beam any ideas?
hi i a have a questio see on the first week of july i had a regular period and i also had a second period on july 19 untill the 24. i have been sexually active during those day. a week after on the fist week of August i get a period again but this time its brown. so my question is should i consider that as a period? b/c if i dn't consider that as a period than that means that i didn't ge a period at all this month or i have missed my period. i am very confused this has never happend to me before. i also have another question i have been feeling alot of cramping lately i am not sure if its b/c of ovulation, or implantation , or if i am pregnant. i have done 2 pregnancy test both times were negative but i have a feeling it was to early to get a test done. Help Please
My cycle is very irregular, there's always something different happening and has me all confused...me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant but it hasnt happened yet... i always have menstraul cramps and also breast soreness at the time of my period but for some reason this time i have no symptoms and i am bleeding brown blood...does anyone know what this means?
hi i have had a brown period the last two months with only slight light red blood they lasted about 3 days which is normal for me and i have been having unprotected sex (withdrawl (withdrawal) method) well any how the last two months i didnt get cramps until i was just about to get them literally which is unusual for me as i usually suffer with aches in my back and pains in my legs and now this month on the first day i felt really sick especially when i ate assumed it was a tummy bug and then woke up the next day i was fine until that night and i started getting cramps that felt like my stomach was tensing and when i go toilet i get a stingy feeling after and i feel very unconfortable can anyone help please
so i need help...
i am on birth control and i havent missed a pill for months now, when i did it was only a couple hours off. i am lactose intalerant also. i hah been eating a lot of yogurt and i stopped because i started to get diahreeah. i have had it for like 2 weeks now and its bad. then i started to have my period. the first day it filled my medium sized tamp. ever since i had the first tampon in it has been brown and now i am worried "/ i have had the brown discharge for 4, almost 5 days and im realy concerned cuz its never happend b4. please will somebody tell me if i am pregnant?????
Im 13, i havent got a regular period pattern yet, as i  have only had around 4 but they have all ben at different times. But for the past 2-3 days or so i have been getting gewy brown (blood clot like) almost periods, it is adsorbed by a pad, and i cant not wear one and i am producing enough to ruin any underwear, does anyone know what it is?
does anyone have any answers to any of these questions with the brown blood instead of periods and not pregnant..and this light bleding brown cloured period goes on for weeks at a time..what the hell is it
i am having the same issue, i had an miscarriage not too long ago tho and my periods jus havent been the same since that happened, also i've had an abortion in my past as well.  so anyway, i been having brown spotting for about a week, then yesterday i started a full blown period but its still a dark dark brown color all the way thru, its wiggin me out and if i go to the doctor i'll post back what they say...i cant be pregnant b/c i do not have unprotected sex but i do have a feeling it cld have something to do with all the trauma my body has been thru with the miscarriage and previous abortion in my past....i'll keep you posted as i find out what is goin on
When you're body has gone through a trauma such as a miscarriage, it takes a while for your periods to get back on track so it may still be from that. I don't think it has anything to do with the abortion unless it was within the last year or so. I know when i had my miscarriage they told me that my body may take around 6 months or more in order to get back to normal. The blood flow, discharge and how long it last may all vary too. hope this helps.

As for everyone else generally it is only old blood that's left over. This month i got all that for the first time and im on BC so it could be how BC reacts with everyones body. It's very rare to get spotting or any kind of blood flow if you're pregnant unless its very little which is normal, but if its a lot and you are indeed pregnant then you can be lossing it. The docs told me it's normal for women to have miscarriages and not even no bcus they think it's their period, and that its norm up to 3 times to have a miscarriage before a baby actually forms properly.
heeelooo, i havee the same problem and i havent hade sex yett so i went to the doctor and he sed tht all it iss is dried period blood andd not to worry because everyone is diffrent x (:
The brown and black is nothing to worry about, it is just the uterus shedding its lining or extra blood from your last period. like when you break your toenail and it turns black from the dried blood. if you are experiencing pain beyond what you get from your normal period you should see a doctor to be sure
okay i had my period when it was due and the first day was regular. it was red with really bad cramps then the next three days were a very very little amout of brown. the last day started with regular red blood but ended with brown spottings. i do have sex but it has always been protected. last month my period was late but regular blood came out . i know brown spotting is most likely implantation bleeding. is it possible its something else? i dont feel pregnant. the last time i had sex was about two months ago(a week before two periods ago) help!
Okay I been on depo for 3months I didt like it so I never got it again but now am having red and brown discharge everyday it comes in the morning and b gone in the afternoon.
Helpppp I dont know wat ta think...!
Hey guys! I have no idea what to think or do! My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex in may for two weeks straight right after my period, sometimes over two times a day. I started having cramps n nausia n cravings n a week before my period i had unprotected sex. My boyfriend n i don't understand y i haven't gotten pregnant. I also took a few HPT n they came out negative. But my periods are short now n only last 2 1/2 days. Can i b pregnant? Wju can't i get pregnant? Is there something wrong with me?! :(

Someone PLEASE HELP
I have had my period a week ago and finished after 3 full days, there was nothing until 5 days later when it came back browner and heavy, just heavy spotting tho. What could this be?
I had my period about 3 or 4 days ago, maybe it was spotting, but I doubt it, it was pretty heavy and went through a few tampons per day. After a few days, I guess I had my period? And it was extremely heavy like normal, I got it last night and now its about 5 pm(next day). I changed my tampon and its all brown and there is no sign of red blood or even pink whatsoever. What could this mean?
I am having the same thing I was supposed to get my period 2 1/2 weeks early. At first I only had a brown discharge now I have some light blood and still the brown  discharge. I had unprotected sex with my husband for the last two weeks. I don't know what's going on with me can anybody help.
My periods seem to be every 3 weeks at the minute and I can wear one sanitary towel/tampon and not need to change it all day (sorry, TMI) any blood that does come out always seems to be thick and brown rather than red as it used to be (TMI again). I am slightly underweight but this has never affected my periods before. Can anyone help?
Im NOT sexualy active but im having a brown period with like one hour of small red dots but since this is my second period I don;t know if its just a thing that happens or that im sick help because i really need answers here.
as we grow old many changes happens to our body specially for the female gender. the absence and delayed periods may or may not be a direct indication of being pregnant even if you got a positive result in home pregnancy test because there's a possibility to get a false positive result. just like what happened to me.i'm 25 and i'm married. and also, having almost all the pregnancy symptoms may actually not pregnancy or being pregnant but a serious hormonal disorder. so better check and see your doctor. i'm just giving an idea not the final answer to your questions.if you have an ovarian cyst like me you may experience nausea,vomiting pain in abdomen, sometimes back pain or cramps in your lower back. nauseous may sometimes cause of sinusitis. cyst is cause by our hormonal changes. gynecologist often prescribed pills to correct and lessen the pain for dysmenorrhea. so expect also for some changes if you stop using pills like shorter and lighter period sometimes it's brown in color. stress, extreme activities and taking your medication may also the cause of your delayed period.when i'm in the preparation of our wedding, i've got a lot of stress that causes me to have an in between of my periods bleeding.it's like i already had my period last week and then just after 5 days im bleeding. i thought i was pregnant that time and having an ectopic pregnancy or an early sign of miscarriage. my doctor didn't gave me any prescription she just gave a time to relax and my period were now in normal.additional info. there are some women whose pregnant but they didn't knew it not until she was in labor because there was no sign of being pregnant.
I am going through the exact same situation. I have been to the doctor multiple timesand they say its stress, but I am in the best position in life I have ever been in. I have not had a regular period since I had a biopsy of the cervix in 2008. I have one to three per year and it is always the brown, old blood. Lasts anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. I want another child but it is not working. I wonder sometimes if there is scar tissue causing a blockage of some kind. I have no STD's as I have been tested for them so it is really freaking me out as to  why this is happening.+
I Just started my period and its brown with just a little red. i've never had a regular period because it varies on when in comes. it usually lasts 7 days with little to no pain. do i need to go to a doctor? help!
After reading some of the other comments I kw I'm not the only one . I've had a period since age 10 I'm now 25  I have never bleed Brown. I just don't understand why. Is this something I should see a doctor for.
Hi i supposely to have my mense on 18.. Bt today its already a weeks i never come mense only brown discharge.. And feel sumtin is stuck dwn dere & when i wipe theresb like pinkish stuffz . Wat is that...!!!!???? Help
Hello Everyone.

Just about a week about my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. The next morning I took a plan B pill. It's been a week since. Today, I woke up with my period, but it's all brown blood. I shouldnt get my period for about another two weeks. Is this due to the Plan B pill, or can I be pregnant?
Im having the same problem, I thought i was having my period but i still have swollen tender breasts and a lot of discharge and i have that feeling like im on my period.. Is this a sign of pregancy?
The fact that I'm not the only one having this problem and no one seems to know the answer kind of worries me... I'm still a virgin - no chance that I'm pregnant, I've had my period for 4 years now, and my periods have never exactly been regular, they'll have they're regular times every now and then, but other than that not really. Then this week I started mine - after missing for two months - and it's just brown with some red here and there but it's light, like there is nothing there and I only had cramps once, which is weird because I always have gnarly cramps during my periods... I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what's up, because I don't have health insurance, or the money for a check up or anything, so all I have are you people to help me out.
hello nikki17
first of all, please stop sticking your hand inside your vagina, you are not going to find a pot of gold in there. and second of all... if you had unprotected sex, and you have not got your period yet, and your getting crampss.. YOUR ******* PREGGERS. good luck with your life xx

Sincerely, Allison Delorentez.
i have inplant in i been on my period  normal since this month i been bleeding 3 weeks stop 3 days with spotting now today i beedling light red but heavely why??????????
Was sterilised 8 years ago, my periods have been regular as clock work until now. I am now getting brown blood for the past 2 weeks, which i suppose to have had a period. did a pregnancy test and came back negative.
I have brown blood like discharge but my period should be ending soon I ask my doctor he said its mostly to be old blood that did get out on your last period its nothing to worried about
I came to this site when I had only brown discharge rather than a period.  In fact, no site helped me understand what was happening.  I read about tampons being left in and pregnancy.  I went for 4 months with just brown discharge.  I finally went to the doctor scared out of my mind that I had cervical cancer or something really scary.  They diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).  This is essentially a hormone imbalance.  Your body produces too much testosterone which causes little beads of cysts on your ovaries preventing ovulation.  It can be controlled with the birth control pill.  It is not that serious, but something to modulate over time.  Key signs: hairiness (gross I know, but higher testosterone levels will cause unsightly hair),  brown discharge,  losing hair on your head, weight gain, and acne.  It is really common; most women who have it aren't diagnosed properly.  If you think you have PCOS, talk to your doctor about getting on the bill.  
I'm having this problem now its time for my period but all I'm getting is this brown blood yes unprotected sex with my fiance little cramping don't need a pad just pantie liner sometimes not even that what's going on neither one of us has NO STD
I have had the same as you, I am very worried as my period has not been normal and it feels like I've had two periods in one month, someone please help?
I'm going through this right now trying to find out what what is happening
I'm going through this right now trying to find out what what is happening. Im 12 too did you find out what it was??:(
i had my 2nd baby in october 12 and i had an easy birth they left a bit of membrain from my placenta i was ok to go home as i new what i had to do and my eldest wouldn't of stayed with grandma, i passed it a couple days later , two weeks after giving birth i had the implant put in and ever since i have had a brownish period i am concerned as it's a few days every week i get this, i doesn't smell, i don't have any symptoms of back pain ect ! i'm scared of going to the doctors as i'm thinking the worst can anyone help me,
You better get a pregnancy test, when I was pregnant with my first I had brown with some cramping and I was pregnant, they say spotting comes from implantation of the egg.
I'm   26 years old  and in the past 4 years  have had  4 miscarriages   2 of which were tubule   which resulted in the loss of my left tube.   and since then we have had a hard time getting pregnant    my period has always been irregular   but  this time my period is  bout a week late  and started to have brownish blood discharge  (which has never happened before)   and its not in the urine  so i dont think it is my period yet.  anyone know what this means?
i know it might not be anything    but this has never happened before.
This same thing is happening with me right now. Does your pee smell strong too?
Yes, that is completely normal. Mine are the same way and I am on Trinessa (off-brand of Orthotricylin)
Considering your delicated condition, losing your left tube and all, you should probably make an appointment with your doctor if this has never happened before. It might not be anything, but it could be something much more serious too.
I had two periods last month and i gone through half of this month and all of a sudden i was bleeding brown today i mean hardly anything their on the tissue when i wipe so i havent got a clue i do use condoms when hes nearly ready to *** but apart from that we dont use them properly which we should can anyone help xxx
I cant be pregnant had my tube burn and cut when i was 24. I'm now 35. the last 4 month my period being weird. i start wit 3 or 4 day of brown discharge no kotex necessary. Then 1 or 2 days heavy! im still young to have mino. pause?
I have a question for whoever can answer, maybe help me out a bit. I am 22 years old, my boyfriend and I have been together for 5.5 years and on October 12th, really October 13th around 2, 3 am we had unprotected sex he came in me and everything. Later that day around 3 o'clock in the afternoon I went purchased and took plan b. I have many health issues resulting from a childhood sickness and I get bicillin injections monthly. I can not take birth control because not only will it not work because of the antibiotics but it can also cause me to relapse. According to the period calendar app I was ovulating on the 14th. I took a pregnancy test like a fool on the 23rd. My period is due to arrive tomorrow the 29th. Usually my period comes two days prior to the scheduled date. Friday the 25th I had a little drop of brownish red blood in my undies. I wiped and realized I had more brownish blood. I put in a tampon thinking it was my period. When I went to the bathroom later to change it there was absolutely nothing on the tampon. The next day when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was brownish blood, in the shower cleaning myself I realized there was brown blood up there. Yesterday the 27th I was bleeding just a tad bit after my night shower; I wore a pad to bed, woke up this morning and again nothing was on the pad. I wiped this morning and there was again brown and red blood. All of this with light cramping. Just now when I went to the bathroom when I wiped now I have light red blood and more of it. I am going to check and keep updating later but I'm not sure if its my period or not. Can anyone shed some light !? I think I may be psyching myself out.
This month's period is being rather strange.  For the past year i've noticed my period blood getting darker and thicker but this month it's been brown almost black.  I've noticed the periods getting lighter and lighter as well.  They used to last 7 days now they last 4 at most.  I'm in my late twenties and doubt it's perimenopause though my mum started that when she was in her early thirties.  Oddly enough the period was perfectly on time but there was no sign of PMS other than a bit of grouchiness.  I usually get brutal breast tenderness and that was completely absent this month.  I want to know if this is normal as one ages?  I've also been consuming a lot of soy products (Boca "burgers" just about every day for the last month) and was wondering if the plant estrogen from those could change the menstrual blood?
hey I had sex with my boyfriend and didn't know I was on my period....I bleeded kind of heavy for 3 days...and the 4 day im bleeding brown what does that means....
It's just old blood.
Normally if you're on the pill you don't ovulate. A period without ovulation (anovulation) is usually brown. So if you're on the pill, it's pretty normal :)
You sound pregnant..
When you go on the pill your period will be different. And with different types of pills it'll be different. Expect it to smell different, feel different and look different because you won't be ovulating anymore. A "period" without ovulating is usually brown.
Also there's a good likelihood your periods would be different after becoming sexually active. It took me 5 weeks to get mine after the first time I had sex.
I have endometriosis and I had pain for two days then the pain got worst the day the pain worsened brown blood came down when I was using the bathroom I read ur comment is it normal. And how did you deal with endometriosis
We're you pregnant after all because I'm going through the same thing
Im having the same issue using linessa 28 as well... Im hoping it's normal and not endrometriosis like unsurelotsofquestions suggested.