Bleeding only brown during period
Hey again, I'm back with yet another question. Sorry if I annoy anyone for posting again, but I'm just wondering about something. My AF started on the 30th, but I only had a little bit of brown discharge the entire day that barely showed up when I wiped. However yesterday and today I've continued to bleed but it has only been brown blood the entire time, with some red blood thrown but not much. I've barely went through one tampon per day, sorry TMI. All of my periods have always been medium-heavy flow during the few day or so, and always needed at least 4 tampons a day...again TMI. Anyone know what could be causing this irregular bleeding? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks again!
When you're body has gone through a trauma such as a miscarriage, it takes a while for your periods to get back on track so it may still be from that. I don't think it has anything to do with the abortion unless it was within the last year or so. I know when i had my miscarriage they told me that my body may take around 6 months or more in order to get back to normal. The blood flow, discharge and how long it last may all vary too. hope this helps.

As for everyone else generally it is only old blood that's left over. This month i got all that for the first time and im on BC so it could be how BC reacts with everyones body. It's very rare to get spotting or any kind of blood flow if you're pregnant unless its very little which is normal, but if its a lot and you are indeed pregnant then you can be lossing it. The docs told me it's normal for women to have miscarriages and not even no bcus they think it's their period, and that its norm up to 3 times to have a miscarriage before a baby actually forms properly.
heeelooo, i havee the same problem and i havent hade sex yett so i went to the doctor and he sed tht all it iss is dried period blood andd not to worry because everyone is diffrent x (:
The brown and black is nothing to worry about, it is just the uterus shedding its lining or extra blood from your last period. like when you break your toenail and it turns black from the dried blood. if you are experiencing pain beyond what you get from your normal period you should see a doctor to be sure
okay i had my period when it was due and the first day was regular. it was red with really bad cramps then the next three days were a very very little amout of brown. the last day started with regular red blood but ended with brown spottings. i do have sex but it has always been protected. last month my period was late but regular blood came out . i know brown spotting is most likely implantation bleeding. is it possible its something else? i dont feel pregnant. the last time i had sex was about two months ago(a week before two periods ago) help!
Okay I been on depo for 3months I didt like it so I never got it again but now am having red and brown discharge everyday it comes in the morning and b gone in the afternoon.
Helpppp I dont know wat ta think...!
Hey guys! I have no idea what to think or do! My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex in may for two weeks straight right after my period, sometimes over two times a day. I started having cramps n nausia n cravings n a week before my period i had unprotected sex. My boyfriend n i don't understand y i haven't gotten pregnant. I also took a few HPT n they came out negative. But my periods are short now n only last 2 1/2 days. Can i b pregnant? Wju can't i get pregnant? Is there something wrong with me?! :(

Someone PLEASE HELP
I have had my period a week ago and finished after 3 full days, there was nothing until 5 days later when it came back browner and heavy, just heavy spotting tho. What could this be?
I had my period about 3 or 4 days ago, maybe it was spotting, but I doubt it, it was pretty heavy and went through a few tampons per day. After a few days, I guess I had my period? And it was extremely heavy like normal, I got it last night and now its about 5 pm(next day). I changed my tampon and its all brown and there is no sign of red blood or even pink whatsoever. What could this mean?
I am having the same thing I was supposed to get my period 2 1/2 weeks early. At first I only had a brown discharge now I have some light blood and still the brown  discharge. I had unprotected sex with my husband for the last two weeks. I don't know what's going on with me can anybody help.
My periods seem to be every 3 weeks at the minute and I can wear one sanitary towel/tampon and not need to change it all day (sorry, TMI) any blood that does come out always seems to be thick and brown rather than red as it used to be (TMI again). I am slightly underweight but this has never affected my periods before. Can anyone help?
Im NOT sexualy active but im having a brown period with like one hour of small red dots but since this is my second period I don;t know if its just a thing that happens or that im sick help because i really need answers here.
as we grow old many changes happens to our body specially for the female gender. the absence and delayed periods may or may not be a direct indication of being pregnant even if you got a positive result in home pregnancy test because there's a possibility to get a false positive result. just like what happened to me.i'm 25 and i'm married. and also, having almost all the pregnancy symptoms may actually not pregnancy or being pregnant but a serious hormonal disorder. so better check and see your doctor. i'm just giving an idea not the final answer to your questions.if you have an ovarian cyst like me you may experience nausea,vomiting pain in abdomen, sometimes back pain or cramps in your lower back. nauseous may sometimes cause of sinusitis. cyst is cause by our hormonal changes. gynecologist often prescribed pills to correct and lessen the pain for dysmenorrhea. so expect also for some changes if you stop using pills like shorter and lighter period sometimes it's brown in color. stress, extreme activities and taking your medication may also the cause of your delayed period.when i'm in the preparation of our wedding, i've got a lot of stress that causes me to have an in between of my periods bleeding.it's like i already had my period last week and then just after 5 days im bleeding. i thought i was pregnant that time and having an ectopic pregnancy or an early sign of miscarriage. my doctor didn't gave me any prescription she just gave a time to relax and my period were now in normal.additional info. there are some women whose pregnant but they didn't knew it not until she was in labor because there was no sign of being pregnant.
I am going through the exact same situation. I have been to the doctor multiple timesand they say its stress, but I am in the best position in life I have ever been in. I have not had a regular period since I had a biopsy of the cervix in 2008. I have one to three per year and it is always the brown, old blood. Lasts anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks. I want another child but it is not working. I wonder sometimes if there is scar tissue causing a blockage of some kind. I have no STD's as I have been tested for them so it is really freaking me out as to  why this is happening.+
I Just started my period and its brown with just a little red. i've never had a regular period because it varies on when in comes. it usually lasts 7 days with little to no pain. do i need to go to a doctor? help!
After reading some of the other comments I kw I'm not the only one . I've had a period since age 10 I'm now 25  I have never bleed Brown. I just don't understand why. Is this something I should see a doctor for.
Hi i supposely to have my mense on 18.. Bt today its already a weeks i never come mense only brown discharge.. And feel sumtin is stuck dwn dere & when i wipe theresb like pinkish stuffz . Wat is that...!!!!???? Help
Hello Everyone.

Just about a week about my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. The next morning I took a plan B pill. It's been a week since. Today, I woke up with my period, but it's all brown blood. I shouldnt get my period for about another two weeks. Is this due to the Plan B pill, or can I be pregnant?
Im having the same problem, I thought i was having my period but i still have swollen tender breasts and a lot of discharge and i have that feeling like im on my period.. Is this a sign of pregancy?
The fact that I'm not the only one having this problem and no one seems to know the answer kind of worries me... I'm still a virgin - no chance that I'm pregnant, I've had my period for 4 years now, and my periods have never exactly been regular, they'll have they're regular times every now and then, but other than that not really. Then this week I started mine - after missing for two months - and it's just brown with some red here and there but it's light, like there is nothing there and I only had cramps once, which is weird because I always have gnarly cramps during my periods... I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what's up, because I don't have health insurance, or the money for a check up or anything, so all I have are you people to help me out.
hello nikki17
first of all, please stop sticking your hand inside your vagina, you are not going to find a pot of gold in there. and second of all... if you had unprotected sex, and you have not got your period yet, and your getting crampss.. YOUR ******* PREGGERS. good luck with your life xx

Sincerely, Allison Delorentez.
i have inplant in i been on my period  normal since this month i been bleeding 3 weeks stop 3 days with spotting now today i beedling light red but heavely why??????????
Was sterilised 8 years ago, my periods have been regular as clock work until now. I am now getting brown blood for the past 2 weeks, which i suppose to have had a period. did a pregnancy test and came back negative.
I have brown blood like discharge but my period should be ending soon I ask my doctor he said its mostly to be old blood that did get out on your last period its nothing to worried about
I came to this site when I had only brown discharge rather than a period.  In fact, no site helped me understand what was happening.  I read about tampons being left in and pregnancy.  I went for 4 months with just brown discharge.  I finally went to the doctor scared out of my mind that I had cervical cancer or something really scary.  They diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).  This is essentially a hormone imbalance.  Your body produces too much testosterone which causes little beads of cysts on your ovaries preventing ovulation.  It can be controlled with the birth control pill.  It is not that serious, but something to modulate over time.  Key signs: hairiness (gross I know, but higher testosterone levels will cause unsightly hair),  brown discharge,  losing hair on your head, weight gain, and acne.  It is really common; most women who have it aren't diagnosed properly.  If you think you have PCOS, talk to your doctor about getting on the bill.  
I'm having this problem now its time for my period but all I'm getting is this brown blood yes unprotected sex with my fiance little cramping don't need a pad just pantie liner sometimes not even that what's going on neither one of us has NO STD
I have had the same as you, I am very worried as my period has not been normal and it feels like I've had two periods in one month, someone please help?
I'm going through this right now trying to find out what what is happening
I'm going through this right now trying to find out what what is happening. Im 12 too did you find out what it was??:(
i had my 2nd baby in october 12 and i had an easy birth they left a bit of membrain from my placenta i was ok to go home as i new what i had to do and my eldest wouldn't of stayed with grandma, i passed it a couple days later , two weeks after giving birth i had the implant put in and ever since i have had a brownish period i am concerned as it's a few days every week i get this, i doesn't smell, i don't have any symptoms of back pain ect ! i'm scared of going to the doctors as i'm thinking the worst can anyone help me,
You better get a pregnancy test, when I was pregnant with my first I had brown with some cramping and I was pregnant, they say spotting comes from implantation of the egg.
I'm   26 years old  and in the past 4 years  have had  4 miscarriages   2 of which were tubule   which resulted in the loss of my left tube.   and since then we have had a hard time getting pregnant    my period has always been irregular   but  this time my period is  bout a week late  and started to have brownish blood discharge  (which has never happened before)   and its not in the urine  so i dont think it is my period yet.  anyone know what this means?
i know it might not be anything    but this has never happened before.
This same thing is happening with me right now. Does your pee smell strong too?
Yes, that is completely normal. Mine are the same way and I am on Trinessa (off-brand of Orthotricylin)
Considering your delicated condition, losing your left tube and all, you should probably make an appointment with your doctor if this has never happened before. It might not be anything, but it could be something much more serious too.
I had two periods last month and i gone through half of this month and all of a sudden i was bleeding brown today i mean hardly anything their on the tissue when i wipe so i havent got a clue i do use condoms when hes nearly ready to *** but apart from that we dont use them properly which we should can anyone help xxx
I cant be pregnant had my tube burn and cut when i was 24. I'm now 35. the last 4 month my period being weird. i start wit 3 or 4 day of brown discharge no kotex necessary. Then 1 or 2 days heavy! im still young to have mino. pause?
I have a question for whoever can answer, maybe help me out a bit. I am 22 years old, my boyfriend and I have been together for 5.5 years and on October 12th, really October 13th around 2, 3 am we had unprotected sex he came in me and everything. Later that day around 3 o'clock in the afternoon I went purchased and took plan b. I have many health issues resulting from a childhood sickness and I get bicillin injections monthly. I can not take birth control because not only will it not work because of the antibiotics but it can also cause me to relapse. According to the period calendar app I was ovulating on the 14th. I took a pregnancy test like a fool on the 23rd. My period is due to arrive tomorrow the 29th. Usually my period comes two days prior to the scheduled date. Friday the 25th I had a little drop of brownish red blood in my undies. I wiped and realized I had more brownish blood. I put in a tampon thinking it was my period. When I went to the bathroom later to change it there was absolutely nothing on the tampon. The next day when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was brownish blood, in the shower cleaning myself I realized there was brown blood up there. Yesterday the 27th I was bleeding just a tad bit after my night shower; I wore a pad to bed, woke up this morning and again nothing was on the pad. I wiped this morning and there was again brown and red blood. All of this with light cramping. Just now when I went to the bathroom when I wiped now I have light red blood and more of it. I am going to check and keep updating later but I'm not sure if its my period or not. Can anyone shed some light !? I think I may be psyching myself out.
This month's period is being rather strange.  For the past year i've noticed my period blood getting darker and thicker but this month it's been brown almost black.  I've noticed the periods getting lighter and lighter as well.  They used to last 7 days now they last 4 at most.  I'm in my late twenties and doubt it's perimenopause though my mum started that when she was in her early thirties.  Oddly enough the period was perfectly on time but there was no sign of PMS other than a bit of grouchiness.  I usually get brutal breast tenderness and that was completely absent this month.  I want to know if this is normal as one ages?  I've also been consuming a lot of soy products (Boca "burgers" just about every day for the last month) and was wondering if the plant estrogen from those could change the menstrual blood?
hey I had sex with my boyfriend and didn't know I was on my period....I bleeded kind of heavy for 3 days...and the 4 day im bleeding brown what does that means....
It's just old blood.
Normally if you're on the pill you don't ovulate. A period without ovulation (anovulation) is usually brown. So if you're on the pill, it's pretty normal :)
You sound pregnant..
When you go on the pill your period will be different. And with different types of pills it'll be different. Expect it to smell different, feel different and look different because you won't be ovulating anymore. A "period" without ovulating is usually brown.
Also there's a good likelihood your periods would be different after becoming sexually active. It took me 5 weeks to get mine after the first time I had sex.
I have endometriosis and I had pain for two days then the pain got worst the day the pain worsened brown blood came down when I was using the bathroom I read ur comment is it normal. And how did you deal with endometriosis
Get checked frequently you're going to deal with a lot of pain with endometriosis. I have endometriosis, vaginitis and ovarian cysts.  I know I have to have the Mirena surgically placed inside me because vaginitis has to do with a sensitive vagina and they have  to put me to sleep to go in there. being inside my vagina is very painful for me but making love is important for a woman also so finding the most comfortable position may take time but remember that you didn't cause this and you can live around it. Your a strong woman. Have faith in YOURSELF!
Great answer!  Would love to see you on the endometriosis forum.  Welcome
We're you pregnant after all because I'm going through the same thing
Im having the same issue using linessa 28 as well... Im hoping it's normal and not endrometriosis like unsurelotsofquestions suggested.
My period just came on. Its bleeding heavy brown blessing I thoughtiI was pregnant. Then my period come on and its brown heavy bleeding bi think I'm having miscarriage
Did you have a miscarriage? Because I'm going through the same thing An I am forrral freaking out!! Thank you