Bleeding while masterbating(masturbating)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

okay so this is really embarrassing, but i was recently put into inpatient and while i was there i got on my period and they wouldnt supply tampons or pads for me and i did not have any, so i made small makeshift tampons out of toilet paper and the one night i fell asleep with it in and had it in for a reallyyyyy long time, maybe 18 hours. when i woke up 'down there' smelled like rotting flesh and i began throwing up.  i removed the makeshift tampon and it was brown and slimy. i began having dark brown/red discharge for a few days. i washed really well down there immediately afterwards and every morning and night as well. then when i came home i began masterbating (masturbating) and feeling like i was 'coming' way too early, and i thought i had peed myself. but when i looked, it seemed to be a mixture of blood and urine. I am not a virgin so its not my cherry or anything. i am very concerned, it may be the fact that i was away for two weeks and didnt have any toys and my body wasnt ready or had to do with my ghetto tampons.
It sounds like you have an infection.  

You need to see a gynecologist.  Explain the communication problem you had at the hospital.  A hospital routinely provides women patients with any pads or tampons they require for this very routine issue.  You should have informed your physician of your need if the nurses were not responsive and he would have added this to your nursing treatment.  

See a gynecologist as an infection picked up in a hospital can be very serious indeed.