Blighted Ovum and Conceiving Again
Last week I was informed that I had a blighted ovum. I was 11 weeks and my sac/uterus only showed 6 weeks and my HCG levels had decreased to 3000. I have been spotting/passing the miscarriage naturally without a D/C for about 2 weeks now. My question is how long does it usually take to pass a miscarriage naturally and when can we start trying to conceive again? My fear is that I will not be able to conceive again. I would appreciate anyones advice or comments.
I am so sorry for your loss. Don't worry, it will happen again. I know that's easier said than done. I wish you the very best STICKY BABY DUST. Smile!!
Oh! I also posted under Maternal Child. Please read my story.
when i miscarried last year it took six weeks of light bleeding before it stopped
In Feb '05, I was Dx'd with a blighted ovum and I was 12 wks along. I opted for the D&C because my sac was measuring close to 12 wks, and my doc was worried that I would hemorage if I passed it naturally. After the D&C, my doc gave me the green light to TTC again, but he recommended I wait 2 cycles. Some people wait and some try again right away. Blighted ovums are common- it will not affect your ability to conceive again.

BTW, don't feel obligated to go to the maternal forum to read anyone else's posts until you're ready.
I had a blighted ovum in June 2003. By the time the m/c completed, I was around the 10 week mark. From the beginning of the spotting through when the sac passed and the spotting stopped completely was about 3 weeks. Given the nature of the loss and my ability to successfully m/c at home without intervention, i was given the go ahead to TTC. It took 6 weeks for my first post-miscarriage period to arrive, but I was able to get pregnant that next cycle and am about to celebrate that baby's 2nd birthday at the end of the month.

I am sorry for your loss, but as the previous poster mentioned, blighted ovums are little more than a fluke and the odds are good that it won't happen again. Here's to hoping for good news from you in the future.

Andi