Blood Clot After Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Blood Clot After Period

This is my first time using this website. And I fine that ppl here are helpful and most of them will give their comments and advice. Thus, I decided to post my question here.

I am 26 years old going to be 27th. As for my past history, my period will have few days different. But I think this is fine and is normal.

But for this two months I am having blood clot problem after my period over. And for this month the blood clot is staying for few days now. And I am very worried about it. It is getting bigger and more. Is unlike period, it is not liquid but it pass out in pieces.

Can anyone advice me or share with me their knowledge on this?

Are you experiencing any abdominal cramping with these?  Low back pain or anything?  Or are you just passing these without any knowledge it's happening besides what you are seeing?  And...how long has your period been over when this begins? It is difficult to give you any advice, becasue I feel that your description isn't very thorough.  Let me know.....
How many blood clots? Only when you use the toilet or all day? Many women have a couple of days of "spotting" at the end of their periods. It may be dark brown little lumps even. If that is all it is, you are probably ok.
Thanks for your posting your comment on my question.

There is no pain nor cramp occurs. And yes, I am passing out the blood clot without knowing whats wrong with me. My period ended on 23rd Sept. and I encounter that I am passing out the blood clot since 30th Sept. till now.

At the beginning it was in dark brown and since 3rd it has both dark brown and bloody colour with it passed out. And when after shower, I use my towel to dry up I encounter that there is this bloody lump on my towel ( but is not alot ).

I am really concern what is happening. I am worried about the medical consultation fee here as I am currently not at my home country. And thats the reason why I try to get as much advice and comment thru online.

Hope to get more information on it.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Hi Sudoku
The bottom line is that I think this is beyond seeking knowledge on the internet.  This could be a sign of endometriosis or fibroids.  If I were you, I would seek out a PLANNED PARENTHOOD.  They will charge you what you can pay or base paymnet on your income.  I don't feel that this is something you should ignore, in hopes that it will soon go away or get better.  This has been going on for 2 months, and you had a period, and 7 days later begin passing clots for almost a week...that is not normal....and could be a signal that you must seek help...this would not be considered normal 'spotting'.  Like I said, look up PLANNED PARENTHOOD....they have affordable care that can help you!!!!  I'm sorry that I can't provide you with any more information, and I really wish you the best.
You have every right to be concerned!  A few more questions... How big are these?  The size of a quarter? Larger?  Are you on any kind of birth control?  Are you over the age of 35? Are you postapartum (gave birth recently)?
I had my period about two weeks ago.  had some blood clots tonight and am definitely not pregnant. Not too sure what it could be and am hoping for some advice.
P.S. I have gone through some stress via jobs and relationships, this is a possible reason for said blood clots, any advice would be appreciated.
Well i came here because i've also been having blood clots. My period came on sep.25th off on the 1st. When ever i use the restroom and wipe is when i see the blood! And sometimes the clots. It is light now. Havent been having any stomach pains anymore. So i'm also concerned because this has never happened before! So anyway can give thier advice.
I am 25 years old and I have always had normal periods and never any pain or even cramps. My latest period was normal but a week after my period finished I started to litterally drip blood, a few hours after this started while on the toilet I saw a fleshy looking blood clot roughly the size of a quails egg. I have had no pains or cramps and only a few drops of blood since. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and it is worrying. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I have always found  it difficult talking to anyone about my problems which is why I'm asking for advice here rather than going to my doctor. I have also been having trouble sleeping for the past 4 nights I'm not sure if it's connected or not? I thank you in advance for any help anyone can give.
Hey, Im an 18 year old and i recently found i have a thyroid problem as well as candida. I've been experiencing the same thing for the past 4 days. I only bleed at night and now i find it hard to sleep because im scared its serious.

I went to my doctor 2day but she was closed and i've spoken to my mother about it but she seems disinterested. I probably shouldn't of done this but i googled my symptoms and they said it could be cancer, sti, pregnant and some other things. I've been crying constantly for the last 2 days and i am suffering from depression...
I am a 28 yr old who has what can be considered "normal" periods in the past. The last two months however i have had a problem with bleeding bright red blood a couple days after my period has ended! I didn't think much of it after talking to a friend who has had the same issue. Now i am concerned because last night after my period had ended serveral days prior it started again!! This time very heavy and bright with farely large blood clots as well!! I can't go to the doc for a couple days and i'm very worried now! Can anyone shed some light on this??? Any info would help really...thank you!
I am 38 years old and always had normal periods (4 days).  The bleeding has slowed down (just a little) but now I'm experiencing clots still with bright red bleeding.  I am very nervous because my grandmother died of ovarian cancer.  What should I do?  I am very scared!
I had my period that lasted like 8 days.  My breast has been sore and I took 2 pregnancy test 1st one was positive second was negative.  I went to doctor to have a blood test done and the blood test was negative.  Then I started spotting and a huge blood clot came out and then light bleeding.  What can this be.  It is no where near time for my cycle.  Can someone help please.  Thanks!
Please google some home remedies. I had blood clotting after my period was over and I am in my mid 40's. I also had pelvic pain (severe). After changing my diet, eating "non-GMO foods" like Soy, Greens, Fiber and what I am saying is "non-pills" but actual foods and natural whole soy milk moderately, it will go away. The stress will only make it worse. Along with all of this, please do drink juices (tomatoe with celeray and fruits like cantalope *vitaminK* it will all subside. No, the alternative is not always surgery folks...you can heal all of this by doing home natural and organic remedies.
Peace...

Shelly
I'm 32 with 4 children in june this year i miscarried then in oct i went for a smear but sadly results abnormal. For the past couple of months my period has been odd . I'll bleed for the first few days then not so much the rest until i wipe . Now however when i wipe no blood but keep losing clots am very worried but have a full mot when i had my smear an know other things are ok. Am finding this really odd as the clots are not always the same colour...
Any ideas why this is happening i would appreciate it..
Mumma of four
Im 19 almost 20 i have a 4 year old and i started the pill about 3 weeks ago to a month ago.  About two weeks after my period ended i started bleeding and having blood clots. then a week ina half later i started bleeding again and having really big blood clots again and bad abdomin (abdomen) pain and stomache pain right below my left rib cage

any advice or help figuring out what it could be ????!!!!!
PLEASE AND THANKS!

kaylynn r

My GF is having server pelvic pains that started  3 days ago her period finished 5 days ago she is also bleeding alot and clotting really bad
i.e sleeping with towel under her ect
The doctor said it could be a stomach infection.
Some period pain tablets were taken a few days befor eher period ended she may of had a reaction....

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE
Im 18 years old, week ago my period finished, i had it for 6 days, Today I noticed some blood with little clots, blood is not dark in colour, i have abdominal pains for past two weeks and back pains occassionally, really do not know what is happening, I did not sleep with anyone yet so I cant be pregnant or injured. Please help i dont know whether to be worried or not :(
Hi i have been having the same problems except i am feeling tons of pain in my stomach, worse than my period cramps, and also alot of lower back pains also have just been out of energy. My period ended about three days ago. my period lasted for about 4 days witch is normal for me