Body image issues over larger than normal clitoris.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi, I don't know what else to do and since this is anonymous, I will ask you guys what I should do. I was obese when I was a child and into my late teens and didn't get my period until I was 15. It only happened once and then stopped again. When you're a teen, you don't really care about stuff like that, it seems like a bonus. As I got older it would really scare me and I went to the doctor finally when I was 23. Because I have such a sense of shame for my body, I told my doctor I didn't want a pelvic or any kind of exam where I would be naked. I got an ultrasound and was diagnosed with PCOS. I also had blood tests done which revealed really high levels of testosterone and lower levels of female hormones so I also have an endocrinologist I see every year as well as my family doctor. Because I had all the excess testosterone in my body, my clitoris grew very large in my teen years. I started losing weight at 23 and my hormones and period have been normal for the last four years. Both of my doctors say I'm very healthy now, which I am very thankful for. Here is my problem: I am 27 and am too scared to even have a physical exam let alone a sexual experience. I am so afraid someone will call me a freak or ugly and I find myself at a loss for how to handle this. I love who I am as a person but I honestly hate myself physically and the clitoris enlargement is irreversable unless I have plastic surgery. I don't know what to do but I know I am very lonely and want to live a full life. Men flirt with me but I brush them off or treat them just as friends because I am terrified to be naked in front of anyone. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Avatar n tn
My advice is to embrace the gift you have been given! .. if you read other posts and articles, many women are looking for ways to enlarge their clitoris.. I had similar body issues and eventually found out that men don't care much about size or looks of this part or that, its confidence that they appreciate . You have something most women would love to have and a lot of men are looking for! Don't be ashamed of it! Use it to your advantage ! And Congratulations on your weight loss :)
pb95 commented on photo
KTowne, pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals