Body image issues over larger than normal clitoris.
Hi, I don't know what else to do and since this is anonymous, I will ask you guys what I should do. I was obese when I was a child and into my late teens and didn't get my period until I was 15. It only happened once and then stopped again. When you're a teen, you don't really care about stuff like that, it seems like a bonus. As I got older it would really scare me and I went to the doctor finally when I was 23. Because I have such a sense of shame for my body, I told my doctor I didn't want a pelvic or any kind of exam where I would be naked. I got an ultrasound and was diagnosed with PCOS. I also had blood tests done which revealed really high levels of testosterone and lower levels of female hormones so I also have an endocrinologist I see every year as well as my family doctor. Because I had all the excess testosterone in my body, my clitoris grew very large in my teen years. I started losing weight at 23 and my hormones and period have been normal for the last four years. Both of my doctors say I'm very healthy now, which I am very thankful for. Here is my problem: I am 27 and am too scared to even have a physical exam let alone a sexual experience. I am so afraid someone will call me a freak or ugly and I find myself at a loss for how to handle this. I love who I am as a person but I honestly hate myself physically and the clitoris enlargement is irreversable unless I have plastic surgery. I don't know what to do but I know I am very lonely and want to live a full life. Men flirt with me but I brush them off or treat them just as friends because I am terrified to be naked in front of anyone. Any advice would be much appreciated.
My advice is to embrace the gift you have been given! .. if you read other posts and articles, many women are looking for ways to enlarge their clitoris.. I had similar body issues and eventually found out that men don't care much about size or looks of this part or that, its confidence that they appreciate . You have something most women would love to have and a lot of men are looking for! Don't be ashamed of it! Use it to your advantage ! And Congratulations on your weight loss :)