Women's Health Community
Boil on underside of Labia Majora. Help??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Boil on underside of Labia Majora. Help??

I have a large boil on my inner labia majora. I was in the shower and noticed that the vaginal lip that the boil is on has swollen a bit too. I couldnt find the boil until I checked the underside of the labia and its pretty deep under the skin. It doesnt hurt at all unless I touch it or after I use the bathroom i usually brush by it when cleaning up and it hurts. It doesnt itch at all. I am on my period and I usually get a boil around this time so its probly just an ingrown hair from it being damp in there, but its pretty large this time and I am hesitant about applying any ointment or anythig to it because it is on the fleshy underside which isnt too far from my urethra or vaginal opening so I dont want to risk getting any ointment near there. Is there Anything I can take orally to make this go away faster? or should I just let it go away on its own?