Bowl Movements uncontrollable

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bowl Movements uncontrollable

There are commercials about blatter problems, but what about being unable to control bowl movements? I have to wear pads most of the time. Sometimes I feel it and sometimes I am unaware completely. It isn't like diaherrea, but it is soft. What causes this and what can be done to stop it? I've tried to pay attention to what I eat, etc. It doesn't seem to matter. There are good days and bad days.
I wonder if it is a lack of fiber in my diet. I haven't tried Metamucil or anything like that yet.
Help?
Thanks,
Pat
Avatar n tn
Well, it wouldn't be a lack in fiber. Women who are lacking in fiber is usually the ones that have constipation. Are you eating alot of fruit that would make it soft? Diet pills? You definatley do not need metamucil which helps to relieve constipation. Stay away from that. You need to call your primary physician if it is to the point of wearing pads. Document exactly what you are eating because the Dr will ask you that. Try a change of diet and you may resolve the problem on your own. If you are eating a particular food to much, that could be the cause.
Avatar n tn
You could have irratable bowl disease. Check your doctor.
Avatar n tn
Any history of back or spine problems, as this can cause bowel problems? You NEED to see a doctor, as this is not normal if happening on a regular basis.
Avatar n tn
Ditto-- go see your doctor ASAP. There are many causes for this, some are not dangerous (weak muscles that they can teach you how to strengthen), but others are (cancer, spine problems). This is something that people often avoid going to their doctors for because it is embarassing, but doctors have seen much more embarassing situations and learn how to treat them.
I have alot of stomach pain and back pain and nervousness seems to set off going to the toilet, I cant even go out im worried that i need to go. I cant drink alco or eat fatty foods, I dont no what to do but i cant stop but to cry to myself
Amy4891 Doing better with my psycho... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on photo
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals