Break-through Bleeding (?) and Endometrial Biopsy
About a few weeks ago, I posted about some abnormal bleeding I had and birth contorl pills I was prescribed to take and want to thank everyone who responsed with the helpful comments.  Unfortunately, the new birth control that I was prescribed never completely stopped my bleeding (It's been about four weeks now of bleeding!).  It seems to slow it down (at least I don't bleed 24 hours a day anymore), but I still get heavy bleeding for about 3-6 hours a day straight with about 3 or 4 large clots (about the size of a kumquat) being passed. Once the clots pass, it seems that the bleeding stops(but then the cycle happens all over again the next day).  I understand that it takes time for bodies to get used to birth control, but should this be happening?  Would this heavy, clotty type of bleeding be categorized as break-through bleeding, or is break-through bleeding more like a light flow?

Also, my doctor told me that I will have to get an endometrial biopsy done since the lining of my uterus is thickened.  I was wondering if this is painful?  I heard from the nurse it only takes 10 minutes, but they told me I should take 2 advils before coming in.

Has anyone had this done before?  Is it like a pap smear (it seems so...)?
i had a endometrial biopsy a few weeks ago myself, i'll admit i was terrified and didn't know what to expect. I also was told to take 2 advil or tylenol before coming in, it does take about 10-15 minutes and the pain varies depending on the person.I had more pain than most due to other female issues. But all in all i had more discomfort than pain for a couple days after. Best advice i can give you is if the pain feels to much after the biopsy call dr for more advise.
I had my biopsy today and it was painful when they first started and I was little shocked since it was supposed to be a quick procedure.  But, when it was finished, I was so relieved.  Luckily like you said, it only took about 10-15 minutes.  I'm feeling cramping, but also bleeding a lot more.  My doctor has me taking two birth control pills a day for this whole week.  If you had bleeding after your procedure, how long did it last before it lightened up a bit?

Thanks again for your responses.  I really appreciated your helpful comments.
The biopsy actually causes cramping, like bad menstrual cramps.  The ibuprofen should help that and it only lasts for a short while.  Good luck and don't be worried, it is not that bad.
I had 3 endometrial biopsies and it was very painful.  She said she would repeat it in 6 months and unless I gave have anesthesia I will never have another one.  I had this Friday and it is Sunday night and I am having pelvic pain and I am bleeding quite a bit with clots.