Women's Health Community
Breast Bleeding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast Bleeding

For a couple of years now I have had what appears to be a pimple or black-head on my left breast, just above my nipple... there is this white stringy discharge, however lately it is a lot of yellowish fluid that has a foul odor... My doctor has said that it is just a blemish from hair folicles and doesn't appear to be anything dangerous... probably caused by an in-grown hair... yesterday while in the shower when I turned around and the water hit my left breast, I got a major burning sensation on my left nipple.... I thought I was going to die... I touched it with my hand to see if it was sore to the touch and just the nipple area hurt like hell... once I got out of the shower and dried off, I glanced in the mirror and saw blood running down my stomach from my left breast... I used the towel and for 20 minutes could not get it to stop and could not see a cut or anything, so I couldn't figure out what was wrong... I ended up having to wear a band-aid because I couldn't stop the bleeding.. last night I noticed it had stopped but the nipple is still extremely tender.... what could this be???