Breast Itching and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breast Itching and pain

I am 27 years old. I have never had a child, but I miscarried when I was 19. About two years ago I noticed that I had discharge from my nipples. I asked my doctor but he only took a quick look and then said I was fine. Well I still have discharge. I JUST finished my monthly cycle, and have not had sex with my partner since before I even started my cycle. Lately my symptoms have stepped up. I am now having a white and also clear discharge from my symptoms, and on top of that my breasts are achy. My nipples also itch. I have tried cortizone thinking I was having an allergy but no luck. The oddest part is that the itching lessens when I force the fluid out. Sometimes during the day without warning I will have a spasm of pain as well that is like a bee sting, or a needle jab right in the nipple area. This goes on in both breasts. I don't THINK I am pregnant, but does anyone have any other ideas as to what I might be going through? Has anyone had this problem before? Oh and I also have Fibrocystic breast disease.
From the symptoms, it can be due to galactorrhea. Galactorrhea occurs because your body is making too much prolactin.It can occur in a hormonal imbalance, such as from taking birth control pills, hypothyroidism, chronic breast stimulation, such as from frequent breast self-exams or sexual activity and rarely in hypothalamic disorders. Confirmed by examination of the breast discharge under the microscope and by serum TSH levels.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.