Women's Health Community
Breast cyst following infection from tattoo-- questions
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast cyst following infection from tattoo-- questions

Hello,

I'm a 25-year old white female.
I recently acquired a three-quarter sleeve tattoo complete with chest panel.
Tattoo completed in at-home conditions .
Needles sterilized
Gloves were used
The chest panel portion of the tattoo includes a very small portion of the breast (it covers the area between the collarbone and breast, and the tattoo stops a good distance from the nipple area).
bleeding (during tattoo) /redness/swelling (upon completion of procedure)
ER: diagnosis cellulitis; treatment: Clindamycin 450 mg three times a day (every eight hrs) for 10 days
Response to regimen: excellent
Post-recovery ultrasound: a breast cyst with no indication of malignancy or infection
Breast appearance: no bruising, no discoloration; a few veins became visible in the affected area (now beginning to disappear); no nipple inversion; breast seems to have sunk somewhat though it is barely perceptible
Breast lump:
- after 1st tattoo session: a couple small "bumps" I could detect by touching
- after 3rd/last tattoo session: lump a lot bigger (perhaps a cluster of cysts)
- recovery from cellulitis: squishy
- a week later: a slight decrease in size and no longer squishy (rather hardened)

Question: Is this fat necrosis, and if so will it resolve on its own? If not, should I take any measures to aid its reducing? My gynecologist suggested Vitamin E which I am taking once daily.

Thanks,
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For fat necrosis, if there is pain, often warm compresses and or ibuprofen can help in the short term. The pain often fades as the inflammation calms down over time. If there is cosmetic change to the breast, a surgery could be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...