Breast leakage-or pituitary tumor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breast leakage-or pituitary tumor?

I had triplets 17 months ago; I NEVER breast fed them.  I still have white milk? with oily clear substance coming from my breast (enough to soak thru my bra).  I tend to squeeze them because it reduces the soarness. (they get full).  My OB said it did not seem normal after 17 months?  I have also been having "hot flashes", and seem to be sweating a lot. I am on Lexapro; and started Welbutrun a week ago to stop smoking...does welbutron make you sweat? I have gained weight since the triplets were born, and my tummy still looks like I am 5 months pregnant. (I know my stomach grew big, but most triplet moms tend to loose most of it.)Is this a problem with a pituitary tumor? Or is this seem normal?  I am having SO much back pain from lugging around this stomach, I am 5'6 195lbs.  HELP!
HI THERE IT DOES SOUND STRANGE TO STILL BE LEAKING MILK,FROM YOUR BREAST.AND THAT IS NOT NORMAL SINCE YOU DID NOT BREAST FEED.YOUR BREAST MILK USUALLY DRIES UP,IN ABOUT 1 MONTH.WHY HASN'T YOUR DOCTOR CHECKED YOUR THYROID LEVELS?HE OR SHE ALL SO NEEDS TO AN MRI OF YOUR BRAIN.BUT I WILL LET YOU IN ON A LITTLE SECRET SOME TIMES NOTHING WILL UP,THAT IS BECAUSE OF THE MRI MACHINE.I RAN IN TO THE SAME PROBLEM!I HAVE A 6CM BLOOD CLOT ON MY BRAIN!SOME HOSPITALS USE LITTLE MRI MACHINES.BELIVE IT OR NOT THE MOBILE ONES ARE BETTER THEY ARE LARGER,AND SHOW UP MORE BETTER.YOU NEED TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT,BLOOD TESTS FOR YOUR THYROID AND AN MRI FOR YOUR BRAIN.IT IS ALL SO VERY COMMON FOR WOMEN TO TURN HYPOTHYROID AFTER THEY HAVE A BABY OR IN YOUR CASE THREE BABIES.YOU ALL SO NEED TO MAKE A JOURNAL OF HOW YOU FEEL EVERY DAY,TO TAKE IN TO YOUR DOCTOR VISITS.THAT WAY YOUR CAN SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING.DEPRESSION IS ONE OF MANY SYMPTOMS OF HYPOTHYROID ALONG WITH WEIGHT GAIN.WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU NOTICED,THAT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT ABOUT YOUR SELF?LET ME KNOW.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
Okay.  I had this one.  You need to get checked for thyroid disease.   Ask around and see if anyone in your family has it.  Leakage from the breast often comes from hypothyroidism.  You need to see and endocrinologist.  Research and find a good one.  This is common after pregnancy.  Don't get freaked out, but don't ignore it.  They may not believe you.  Keep asking.  There is a forum called about.com.  They have a section for thyroid disease.  Also, there is a book called The Thyroid Sourcebook by Susan Rosenthal.  Good luck.  The sweating tipped me off and I had twins.
Okay.  I had this one.  You need to get checked for thyroid disease.   Ask around and see if anyone in your family has it.  Leakage from the breast often comes from hypothyroidism.  You need to see and endocrinologist.  Research and find a good one.  This is common after pregnancy.  Don't get freaked out, but don't ignore it.  They may not believe you.  Keep asking.
hypothyroidism? great just what I need!  more stress in my life...yes, depression runs in my family, but not thyroid problems.  I am going in next week for a blood test to check my pitut. level, in Jan it was 15? so they said it was normal. The only BIG problem is now my husband was laid off of work in the Telecom ind. and we lost our ins. coverage. So I am limited to what I do.  Do you sweat when you ovulate? or is it because I keep releasing the milk to ease the pain (that maybe it has not gone away)?  Seems like a long time already? I am so tired of feeling like ****, and my back is killing me because the size of my tummy!  :(  Ahhhhh
HI YOU MIGHT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE,IN THE STATE WHERE YOU LIEVE AT.MAYBE YOU COULD APPLY FOR IT SINCE YOUR HUSBAND HAS BEEN LAID OFF.I KNOW THAT THIS IS A DIFFICULT TIME FOR YOU,MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.THERE SHOULD BE AN OFFICE IN YOUR COMMUNITY,THAT HELPS FAMILIES.YOU SAID SOME THING ABOUT HAVING,YOUR PITUITARY CHECKED,YOU ALL SO NEED YOUR THYROID GLAND LEVELS CHECKED.IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO HAVE THESE TESTS PERFORMED.I HOPE EVERY THING WORKS OUT O.K FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.TNT406.