Breast milk at only 5 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breast milk at only 5 months

I am only 21 weeks pregnant and I am already seeing breast milk.  Is it normal?  I asked one person and they said you weren't suposed to until your 8th month.  Anyone got any ideas?  Please get back to me asap!
I don't know if it's "normal" or not, but I had to buy the nursing pads and wear them in my bras at 5 or 6 months with both of my pregnancies.  My mother-in-law thought it was strange, but a friend of mine said she did the same way.  I guess everyone's different.  Call your doctor and ask him or his nurse if it concerns you.  Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.
What a riot!  I've been afraid to squeeze there because I didn't want to have to deal with it too early, but now you are tempting me to try it.  :)
No worries, women are all different as are all pregnancies. I had one pregnancy that started the breasts leaking in the 8th month and one in the 4th. Just depends on the HORMONES. LOL You're fine, just let the Doc know when you go in if you are worried. Oh and if you notice any green or bloody discharge you should call the Doc as you may have an infected milk duct or oil gland etc.. Yellow, clear, and white are normal.
Congrats!
--J
Oh yes!!  I can relate!  

I leaked like crazy starting around 25-27 weeks pg with my DS, and I've had a few small leaks with this pg and I'm 21 weeks.  I have faulty plumbing or something and I leak like crazy.
Haha  I like that!!  Faulty plumbing!!  You crack me up.  Makes me think of all the other "faulty plumbing"  preggo ladies have!!!
We all have memories of when the milk comes in. I'm not sure if your case is normal or not. To be honest, I can't remember how far along I was. Been to many years, but I do remember where I was when I found out. I was sitting on the throne reading my - what to expect when your expecting book. I read where if ya squeeze yer boob ya might have milk. I did and it SHOT ACROSS THE BATHROOM. I thought it was so cool. I hollered at hubby to come look. lol Just wait till they atart leakin - now, that's fun. lol
Ya'll are crazy. lol I guess I was about 7 months (?) when the milk came in. I will warn ya though.... after I found out it was there , it seemed to come out on it's own after that. NOT FUN!!! I was at the mall one day-looked down and had 2 HUGE circles on my shirt!! but hey, what can ya do? Not a dam thing. Mine would go right thru the padding.
haha!  Don't get me started!  :-)
Boy did you miss out on the fun.  I had to sleep in my bra so I could keep those pads on at night they leaked so much!! And that was BEFORE they were born.  I remember one night trying to sleep without the bra & pad and I slept right up against hubbies' back!!  We woke up the next morning with my night shirt soakin wet on the front and his on the back!!  He swore I had enough milk then that I could've raised a whole litter of puppies if his mama dog were to die or stop making milk or some other major crisis arose with her.
By the way, he did NOT think it was as funny as I did about the leaking all over his back.
I didnt leak any milk b4, and hardly had any after!
You made me spit my coffee out when I read about your training bra.
I too am a longstanding member of the IBTC but after delivering my wee ones, my "girls" were ummm about the size of a Honeydew Melon!!! It was nice to experience the greatness of having GREAT Biggins BUT... They were useless except for feeding the babies. DH couldn't get near them or it would hurt or they would blow like Old Faithful. Plus I couldn't steer them and if I rounded a corner I would smash into the wall. So needless to say I was so HAPPY when they were back to my normal teenager size;) And DH would rather have lil ones he could "appreciate" than Biggens that were "Off LIMITS" heeheehee

Thanks for the G*GGLE
--J
gee...i heard the "milkman" doesnt make his delivery until AFTER the baby comes? my milk did not come until about 3 days after she was born. it was VERY emotional for me...i even cried. whatta wuss!
oh..the "girls" never leaked throughout my pregnancy either. heck, now that i think of it, the "girls" never even got bigger! wore the same ole training bra that ive had since HS.
LoL...thanks everyone I feel relieved, BIG TIME.
My pregnancy test states that I am not pregnant but my breast seem to leak, Is that normal?