Breast pain when wearing bra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breast pain when wearing bra

I'm 22 years old and my family doesn't have a history of having breast cancer. About two weeks ago, I've noticed that my right breast, which is noticeably smaller than my left breast, hurts whenever I squeeze my right breast while wearing a bra. This sounds very strange but that's what happens. The pain is located right under my armpit, on the side of my right breast, just as my breast is starting to round.

Sometimes it still hurts if I squeeze my right breast after I have taken off my bra. But if left alone (whether I'm wearing a bra or not), it doesn't hurt, only when I squeeze. I have also noticed that whenever I squeeze my right breast, it's a bit hard where the breast joins the chest, but that's also what it feels like on my left breast (the one that doesn't hurt).

Could this be a sign of breast cancer? Or is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
When I was your age I had the same problem except it was in both breasts.  Breast cancer did run in my family and I had it checked out right away.  I had a mammorgram and it turned out I had something called Fibrocystic breasts.  You may want to read up on this.  The tissue in my breasts was very dense, hard and it was just painful!  I did not have cancer, it is a benign condition.  For some reason it went away after a while and I've never hard any problems since.  I would urge you to see a doctor just to check and make sure everything is ok with you :)
WELL DONT SQUEEZE IT GET A NEW BRA MIGHT BE THE WRONG SIZE LOTS OF NERVES RUNNING UNDER THAT AIREA
Thank you for your response! It's a relief to read that other women have had that problem. I've felt the same hardness last year and went to see my doctor about it and she said that it wasn't anything alarming but I don't recall it hurting last year but I will check it out.

I know that my bra fits correctly since I've been to several fittings and they've all given me the same size.

Thanks for your response.