Breast pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breast pain

I havent had a period since september of 2010. I got pregnant and then miscarried in november 2010 then went on the depo shot. I only took it one time in november of 2010. I have went to the doctor to see whats wrong and they said it might just take a while to get my cycle back. Well the last 3 weeks I have been have been having horrible breast pain...mainly right around my nipples. They told me that I cant become pregnant until i get a cycle again. So what could it be? I thought I was maybe getting my period finally but it has been going on for 3 weeks and it is sometimes to the point where I can barely put a bra on.
Depo provera shots can cause breast pain and changes in breast size and decrease in breast size. I feel that an examination by a gynecologist will be the best.Till that time,apply some warm compresses on the breasts and take some over the counter pain reliever(analgesic) like ibuprofen or diclofenac.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

mhv commented on Whaaaaat
XYgirl uploaded new photos
TinaR10, and KTowne commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals