Breast pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Breast pain

I have been on the Implanon for 8 months and haven't had a period since the time of implantation. For the past week I have had incredibly sore breasts. It's the worst in my nipples. It has gotten so bad that the other day when I was wearing just a sweat shirt, the fabric rubbing against my boobs was too much. Then today I put on my favorite bra and it was getting too tight. Could this just be a delayed side affect of my birth control? I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago, could it be related to that? Thanks.
The various causes of breast soreness are premenstrual syndrome,hormone therapy,pregnancy and breast feeding,fibrocystic disease,use of oral contraceptives and rarely a breast malignancy. In your cae it can be due to the birth control.

I feel that an examination by a gynecologist will be the best.Till that time,apply some warm compresses on the breasts and take some over the counter pain reliever(analgesic) like ibuprofen or diclofenac.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Joejoediaz commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Hollus commented on photo
Hollus commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals