Breasts Getting Bigger for No Reason?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Breasts Getting Bigger for No Reason?!

Hello everyone,

I am curious as to why my breasts are randomly getting bigger. The past month is when it all started. Let me first start by saying that I am in fact not pregnant. I know for a fact because i got my period last month and i took a pregnancy test last month as me and my fiance are in fact trying to have one. I was also in the hospital last month and hat to get a CAT Scan and they had to make sure i was not pregnant before they did that. So once again i am 110% positive that i am NOT pregnant. I have had no weight gain and no changes in my diet, appetite or health except for right now i am battling strep throat (yuck!). I was put on 500 mg of penicillin 3x a day but that was just started yesterday so that would not be the cause (again this started a month ago). I am not on any type of birth control as said before my fiance and i are trying to get pregnant and i am not on any type of hormones or hormone treatments. I am 19 years old and am a 38C....well was a comfortable 38C before this. I am not busting out of my bras and they are very tight on me. Several of my friends that saw me on different days asked me if i was pregnant or if i was pregnant because of how big they looked. My mother and fiance had both also asked why they were so big. So i am not understanding how they are getting so big randomly and this fast. Does anyone have any opinions or answers. I have had my period since i was 12 years old by the way so as far as i am concerned puberty is over. I have had the same size breasts since i was 14 so again not understanding this. Can anybody help please?! Thanks!

Babygurly22
sometimes the food we eat can cause our breast to grow and also Hormones can do this.