Broken Vagina...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Broken Vagina...

I am almost 20 years old and have a boyfriend of two years.

Beginning of October I believed myself to have developed yeast infection (super itchy and sole) after I accidentally bought a pack of scented tampons and used them for my menses. It had been a few days before I took this initiative to get it treated because I frankly didn't know what it was and thought it would go away on its own. I bought the Walgreen's brand Miconazole 7 (one of the cheapest treatments they had) and the symptoms went away within three to four days.

I've never had issues with my lady parts all my life but ever since I treated myself for this yeast infection, on and off sex has been painful. We (used to) have sex fairly regularly and I would say an average roughness, but now penetration simply hurts too bad. I checked myself and noticed what looks like tears or even pock marks on either side of the opening, near the bottom. They don't ooze (and neither do I) nor smell funky, and only hurts when I am sexually engaged.

I went to a gynecologist earlier this month (January), got a pap smear and was tested for chlamydia/the clap all of which came back normal and negative, respectively. When she checked my works she basically told me "whatever it was, it's nearly healed. Give it a week before sex and use lube." I've since heeded her words but it doesn't appear to me what she was looking at has healed at all, and in fact looks just the same as it did when I looked at it a month before.

With that being said...Do my symptoms sound herpetic? If not (or even if so), how long should I wait before I have sex again so these little nicks heal? Should I intervene and use ointment to help the healing process? Perhaps a lingering yeast infection?

DOES IT MERIT FOR ANOTHER EXPENSIVE DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT?
you could get the little cuts swabbed for HSV sometimes it presents itself in a cut formation.
My doctor said they were practically healed so there was nothing to be swabbed. She told me the only way at this point to confirm genital herpes is to take a blood test or wait to see if I "have another outbreak."

What a bust if it turns out to be some dormant herpes rearing it's ugly stigmatized head...