Brown/Dark red bleeding between Periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Brown/Dark red bleeding between Periods

I started getting dark brown and red on my toilet paper after I wipe in between my periods. This started happening last year. I wrote down the dates it happened. Most of the time it was a day or two days after having sex. I don't have sex too rough or anything and sex never hurts. I have my periods on the same day every month give or take a day here and there and they always last exactly 5 days.

I ended up getting pregnant and when I went to my OBGYN I showed her the paper with the period dates and in betweens. She did blood work etc and nothing out of the norm. When I had my baby ( a healthy baby girl) I had a repeat c- section. I am overweight and opted for another section. On the surgery table after I delivered the baby she said everything looked good in there..meaning my uterus and all the other what nots that make me a woman.

I healed up really well. Can hardly see a scar. Its been 6 months since the section and the baby. I lost my insurance since I'm no longer pregnant (gov't insurance). My periods are back on track and heavy...i always have horrible cramping and heavy periods along with me being extremely tired...I dread my monthly visit. Well, my last period was the first week of March and here I am with the brown and red (mostly brown) on the toilet paper again when I wipe. Its never enough to put a pad on..maybe a panty liner at times.

I have no insurance and I am struggling with bills as it is so I normally only go to the ER if I'm on my death bed. I'm concerned about this, but at the same time thinking if the OB said I looked great inside and didn't show any concern when I told her about this happening before then maybe nothing is wrong? I did have sex yesterday and the day before....lol I love sex, but I really don't want this brown yuck happening for a couple days after. Oh I should mention it doesn't happen every time after sex...this is the first time I've had it happen since having the baby, but before times it happens the majority of the times after. And like I said sex is never rough. I have one partner (the same partner). I been tested for std's and what not as well with the blood test at the doc.

Should I be worried even after my ob showed no concern after all my tests came back ok and she said my insides were looking good? Does it have anything to do with being overweight? Almost 30? 3 kids? Stress maybe? I am under a lot of stress the majority of the time. Any help would be appreciated since like I said I just don't have any money to spare for the doctors atm.