Brown Discharge - but i don't have a period [IM 21!]

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

So just some background info - I have had my period before once was my freshman year in HS - then my Senior year - Then in 2011 I had it in May, June and July. But that was it. I have not had my period since. I thought i may be pregnant in june, but that was ONLY because my period had not come. ANYWAYS lets fast forward. I assumed something must be wrong with my body. obviously since im in my twenties, married, have sex normally - yet no period and no babys and i have been married almost a year and a half. WELL A few months ago i had brown discharge, which made me thing i was going to menstruate - but that lasted 3 days and stopped. Well almost 2 weeks ago is started again. It was brown - since then it has varied with more and less red tints. the past 3 days i havent seen much of it at all. Maybe a little more clear discharge than normal but no brown or red. ALSO it was not heavy enough to wear a tampon so i wore a pantyliner - and even then it didnt seem like much yet it was constant. About 2 hours ago i went to the bathroom and it was red - Really red. a few tiny tiny clots and maybe a little more mucus-y than before - but VERY red.

can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck my body is doing?
You need to go see the doctor.. u may have something going on.. sounds like ur periods r always irregular.. but sounds like its really got u worried.. go see the dr and have him run ovulation tests and menopause tests.. same thing happened to me last year.. went in they found nothing sound change my eating habbits and exercise more and it worked.. but then I started having my periods more often.. like this month! And since septemer of last year.. ill have a period and 12 to 19 days later start again.. my first period isn't heavy but for only one day for a few hours and it lasts 2 to 3 days but the second one is normal heaviness and length.. my older sister went into menopause at 17.. women issues run in my family.. urs could also be stress related though.. but ya never know.. go to the and don't leave until he runs the tests u want him to run
Hi there and welcome to the forum.  Yes, definately time for an exam.  Brown blood or discharge is old blood.  Red is current.  With your history of lacking in period, it makes me wonder if you are under weight by any chance.  I think you need a full work up and they may try to regulate you with hormonal therapy (the pill) to get you on track.  Lots of luck but definately time to see your doctor.