Brown Discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Brown Discharge

The last time I had my period was in Jan of 2013. On 9.11.13 I got the birth control nexplanon & 2 months later I got my period for the first time in 9 months. But before I actually started bleed I had this brown discharge & I didn't know what it was. So finally regular blood came. I was on my period for a week and one day. It's been 2 weeks since my period ended but I'm having the brown discharge again along with low abdominal pains , idk if it's because of the birth control or something else, any help ?
Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. This brown vaginal blood with discharge can also be due to your old blood retained after periods.
Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals