Brown Flakes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Brown Flakes

Have been TTC for quite some time now. I'm at 12 Dpo today & I am due for AF on Monday, April 22. Last night after intercourse, I found brown flakes along with mucous when I tried to wipe with a tissue (hard to explain the consistency and nature of the discharge). The same stuff covered DH's too. Does this mean AF is on it's way? Or, is it a good sign? Please help.
Thanks.
Such type of bleeding can be due to implantation bleeding or it can be due to coming of periods. To be absolutely clear about the status of your pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Kindd,
That was AF on the way after all.
The saga continues....more BD this month.
Thanks for the response. I highly appreciate it.
Will get back to you for more queries (if I have any).
Regards.