Brown Spotting at 10 weeks pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Brown Spotting at 10 weeks pregnant?

Last night before going to bed I noticed when I wiped that there was brown discharge. When I woke up this morning there was nothing, then I went to the bathroom again and the brown discharge was there again. It seems to come and go through out the day. I'm just worried cause I've lost a baby @ 6-7 weeks I am now 10 weeks and concerned?

hi. i dont want to scare to but when i was 10w6d pg i had a u/s bc i was having brown spotting when i went to the bathroom for three days and i had it showed i had m/c at 8 in 1/2 weeks. I also hear alot that it is normal to spot some and even my dr had told me those 3 days it was normal to be  spotting some. I would go to the dr or atleast let them know what is going on. I wish you all the best and will be thinking of you.
I went to a specialist at 8 weeks and she said I may see spotting from 8-10 weeks. I didn't ask why, but mine was bright red only in the am for one day. You have brown which means old, don't worry!
i had that at 9 weeks and it was called an implantation bleed. it is quite normal but it is best to get checked to be sure. good luck
I completely agree with kellym's comment.  It's true!  You will have spotting (well, very common) in the begining of a pregnancy.  I am not a doctor, but have had 5 children (one on the way).  The funny thing is, I didn't learn about this until this pregnancy!  I have never noticed any spotting before this one so I was very worried when I started that this time!  i called my doctor and talked to the nurse practitioner and she told me that it was completely normal and she said not to worry.  If it makes you feel any better, just to be on the safe side, I am taking it very easy!  I don't want to loose any babies!  I know this is a stressful, exciting time for anyone who is in their first trimester.  You take care and my thoughts and prayers are with ya!  :-)
In 2008, we did end up losing the baby at 8 weeks. My doctor told me that while 30% of women can have spotting in their first trimester, it is usually not a good sign. I just wanted to post this....Not to worry anyone, but if you are spotting, go see your OB about it. I don't know what they can do other than take your HCG (blood test) levels a couple of times to see what is going on with the pregnancy. Mine were declining and after a couple of days, I had a miscarriage. The good news to it (if there is any) was that it was a "phantom" pregnancy. This is where my egg carried no genetic material in it. The sperm was good and the cell that I carried (egg) was there, but all it did was make a sac and no baby. Happy to report that we are now having our fifth child and as worried as we were about losing it (as we had one more miscarriage since then), we are now in our 7th month!

God bless everyone here who is trying to conceive or is worried about their pregnancy. Take it easy and it will happen all in good time.