Brown Vaginal Discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Brown Vaginal Discharge

This is a little embarrassing but I have been having brown vaginal discharge for  little over 2 weeks now and my period is not due for another week, it comes every other day. When it does come, it comes a lot, and the amount is around 3/4 tablespoons if I were to measure it.

I am 20, not on the pill, and not having intercourse. Why is this happening ? and is it serious?
Brown discharge can be due to ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills, change in environment, excessive exercise etc. Heavy bleeding can be due to can be due to hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

scaredlady86 commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
16 mins ago
T Spine Dumbbell Twist | Trunk Rota...
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
22 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals