Brown Vaginal Discharge
Brown discharge has happened to me before. When I have had a late period or when everything exits my body a little later than normal. But this time it feels like it's lasting longer. I have not been able to smell anything from it (though I haven't directly smelled it). I'm not having pain in my pelvic area, or any burning or itching. I read online that it could be ovulation and it will last a few days. I would say it's been going on at least 4-5 days. Anyone know what this might be and if there's anything I can about it?
HI,
Brown discharge usually is a result of old collected blood. Ovulation bleed will not last for 4 t o5 days. If the discharge is occurring remote from your periods then you need to check out with your Doctor. Local issues like cervical erosion need to be excluded. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Such intermenstrual vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. In some cases however there is cause for concern like  cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests for confirming the diagnosis if the bleeding persists.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.