Brown blood. Two weeks early on my period.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I always get my period around the end of the month. Near the 20th. Well I got it today or so i thinking. All there is brown to black blood. Ive gotton brown blood before but only at the end of my period. Thats how i know im ending. Well my last period was about two weeks. I wasnt looking out for my next period for another week or two. What could it be? I have no idea.
I think the best thing you can do in this situation is to be seen by a doctor. What you mentioned sounds to me like spotting in between your period, which could be caused by a number of things. Sometimes it's fairly normal and goes away on its own but you are mentioning "brown to black blood", which doesn't sound normal in the least bit. I know that when I had spotting when I was younger I went to my family doctor, who then referred me to a specialist that had me do an ultrasound. Basically it's like an Xray for your abdomin (abdomen)/pelvic area from what I understand. Anyway, they found a cyst when doing the ultrasound, which luckily turned out to be benign, but it explained for my spotting. This may not necessarily be what you have, but any advice or insight always helps. Bottom line is that only a doctor can give you the answers you need, and guaranteed you will feel so much better when you go