Brown discharge, unusually heavy period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Brown discharge, unusually heavy period

I am 21 years old and my boyfriend of one year and I started having sex a month ago and we always use condoms (He is my first and only sexual partner).  On the 15th last month we had sex but he was worried the condom might have slightly slid off and could have the possibility of me getting pregnant.  Two days later I did have my period but it was unusually heavy and very crampy.  After my period ran its course, I have since been having brown discharge which at times can become somewhat heavy or very light and has only a faint smell.  Now I am on my period for this month but once again it is unusually heavy but not crampy.  I usually have pretty light periods so this has been a concern for me and I have never had brown discharge almost every day between both of my periods.  As a side note, when we first started having sex it was quite painful and I have read that I could possibly have had a cut in my cervix and that the brown discharge could be a result of that?  Any information that anyone could give would be helpful.  Thank you.
I would call your GYN... if you have only been having intercourse for a month and now bleeding/spotting this much, then they may want to see you.

Hi - I doubt that you are pregnant. It sounds to me like this could be a result of the fact that you have now become sexually active. All the same, you should see a doctor as any kind of small tear can lead to an infection if undetected. The sooner you get on top of it the sooner you can get antibiotics or medicine to prevent further damage. Good luck!
Des_a_rae, specialmom, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Soy products may decrease testoster...
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals