Brown spotting instead of period?
I have been on birth control for about a year, and I generally take it on time and hardly ever miss. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex using the pull out method a week before my period should start. I took the rest of my pills like normal. But when I started taking the sugar pills and my period should have started, I only got very light spotting that's brown in color and sort of sticky. My period should have started Sunday/Monday and it's Wednesday and all I've gotten is the brown spotting. Does this mean I am pregnant or could it be something else?
The only way to know is if you take a test. Try a first responce. Good luck hun
This spotting can be due to implantation spotting or intermenstrual spotting.
You should get your pregnancy status checked. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.