Bump Between Vagina and Anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bump Between Vagina and Anus

A few months ago, I noticed one small bump on the skin in between the anus and vaginal opening.  I went to the doctor, who said it was a wart (HPV) or a skin tag.  

For a period of time before that I had been dealing with an anal fissure.  It was only later that I realized the two might be connected.   I've read about sentinel tags/piles, but am not sure if this could be the cause of the bump. The bump seemed to stop growing as the anal fissure was treated.  But this might be a coincidence . . .

Can sentinel piles occur on the skin between the anus and vagina?  Can a sentinel tag be close enough to the vagina to be mistaken for a genital wart?

Hi, I am currently going through this exact thing, and any good doctor will tell you that anal fissures often cause something called "sentinal piles" (could be incorrect spelling) but they are definately related.  I went through the ringer trying to figure out who to see about my very very painful disorder-  I am still looking for answers, but believe I am on the right track.
I was experiencing unbelievable pain during bowel movements as well as urination-  after visting a slew of doctors, getting very painful urinary tests, I finally visitted a GENERAL SURGEAN (which is who you need to visit first- if you have trouble finding a proctologist- or the like) who told me that the fissures were causing a pile, and can also cause urinary pain...  I was perscribed high fiber diet, nitroglycerin ointment, and hydrocortizone suppositories.  The nitroglycerin gives me headaches, but thats nothing compared to the pain of the fissures, so I use it every single day, doctors orders.  
I noticed a tiny bit of difference this morning in the pain level, which is positive . I take stool softeners every day, and this has helped- I have also added a TON of fiber to my diet.  I have not been drinking, as I can deduce through logic that would not be helpful, and I stopped smoking-  I am doing whatever I can to reduce the pain, and I believe it is working.  I take baths and get lots of sleep, because essentially, fissures are a cut-  that really needs to heal- so logocally I am doing things that enduce the healing process- staying relaxed, taking vitamins, and I am resting from my normal constant workout routine until I start to feel significant changes in the pain level.  I do not think I personally would resort to surgery-  the surgery just sounds so silly-  I mean, anal stretching????? Are you JOKING??  No thanks...  Thats my story-  just want my life back!  This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced, and also the most absolutely torturous!  So I will add more as I progress... But yes, your piles are related to your fissures.  I am getting a colonoscopy next week, I suggest you do the same...