Bump on my cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bump on my cervix

Hello I have a copper IUD for more than six months and while I was checking my string about two months ago, I felt a bump (pimple-like) in my cervix.  The bump sits a little bit close to the opening of the cervix (os).  I scheduled an appointment with planned parenthood for an annual exam and the practitioner told me that my cervix felt and looked perfectly normal.  I tried to tell her that there was a bump in there but she said she can't see them and that I was fine.  I know you guys can diagnose me but does anybody had a similar experience.  I am not totally freaking out, I'm just slightly woried.  The bump does not hurt or anything but it has grown a little bit since I first discovered it and it does not give signals that it will disappear.  I have another appointment and this time It will be a gynecologist.  That will be three weeks from now since that's the earliest appointment I could get.  Any advice? I would surely appreciate it.  
Perfectly normal. Most women have them. It's called a "nabothian cyst" (google it for more info). Sometimes they go away on their own but they won't cause you any trouble. Don't worry! :)
Hi there! I have a paraguard iud, and I've noticed the same thing. My dr told me that it is because I've had babies. Kind of funny, but she said that the cervix after it has been dilated for births, goes back to a shape of a "puckered mouth". I assume that you have had at least one birth since they usually don't recommend iuds to those without babies.  It could be a little scar tissue, too. But, if it feels like it's growing you might have a vericose vein in that area. Not too common, but it does happen.  The cervix is a very blood filled area. Hormone changes can make areas that are like blood filled grapes(sorry about my descriptions).  They can rupture and bleed, too. But generally don't require any med attn. Hopefully you dr will reassure you more, take care.
Ah, finally someone mentions a bump. I had an IUD for a long time before childbirth and becasue you are supposed to feel if the string is still in place, I know that there was never any kind of bump on my cervix. Only after childbirth, roughly 6 months later, I too felt a bump there. I was pretty paranoid about it but the doctor could not find anything unusual except that the cervix tore during childbirth and healed that way. Ever since the bump has kept on changing but apparently no reason to worry.