Bumps on my pubic area...worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bumps on my pubic area...worried

About 2 months ago, I noticed I got a bump on my pubic area. At first I thought it be something I would js popped and it would heal and go away. It itches and it also hurts at the same time. Well recently I started to scratch there again...the scar is still there. My hand was wondering to see where I would feel the bump....I found a 2nd bump!!! Its close to my clit. but on my pubic area. It's way lower than the first one...and this one is recent. It's a bit swollen down there too. I popped it and something white came out...mb pus?
Now both of the bumps are there. The old and the recent. They both hurt and itch at the same time. Anyone know what this may O_o should it be something to worry about?
little tiny one,
i have had this same prob. & even been to my doc. for a check up & of course at the time didn't have the bumps i am to worried.
he tells me to come back when i am broke out w/ it but seems like when i am the doc. office can't seem to fit me in till it's gone & yes it hurts it itches, & leaves scars if you seem to find out what it is before me let me know please. & i will do the same. my e-mail is ***@****
I get them everyone once in a while and my doc said it was just ingrown hair...i think it's called follicitus if that's how to spell it...I get mine cause I shave down there ...it also can be like a heat rash...enter your subject into the search and it will give you some suggestions as to what you might have...
I have a bump, and my recent doc says it's a 4 mm inclusion cyst, but no other doc can pinpoint the thing.  So, you, too, may be faced with some sort of sebaceous cyst in the area.  Mine throbs and has a dull ache associated with it.  Mine hurts and itches at the same time.  I was just in the bathroom again for a look-see and kind of scratched it but was careful scratching it.  LOL

I'm having a D&C Monday to see why I've had some passing of what could be endometrial tissue, so I better watch it as far as my 'suppoed' sebaceous labia cyst is concerned because then the doctor will REALLY have his work cut out for him, eh?

As far as your doctor visit goes, if the cyst is deep-rooted, that makes it even more difficult for a doc to see or feel.

Good luck!  We're in this boat together!

Hoosier
thanks everyone for the info.i am going to contine to try to find out what this is. i have noticed a lot of things i have read w/ the outbreaks of these bumps that alot are saying that they are getting these bumps on their clits or near it or right around the vagina. i'm having them on the outside of it mostly where the hair is. & at times just along the crack of my back end. i know it's not any different nor i'm i putting this in a nice way but sorry guys only way i can try to find out what in the world i have.i'm getting dr. app. but of course w/ a different doc. maybe i need to mention i had a hysterectomy (sorry if mispelled)@ 29 i'm 39 now.& my husband was doing some research one day & asked me what kind of cancer i had i said cervical & it seems they just found out i guess here recently that w/ cerv. cancer can be caused by an infection from intercourse? & no doc. or anyone else mentioned this to me.
& now i'm freaking out. as to find out why i have started to have these breakouts it looks a lot like a cyst hurts & itches.
& leaves scars & happens i guess maybe once a month sometimes once every 2 to 3 months. anyone has this same prob. please e-mail me.
If there is a sexually transmitted diseases clinic or Planned Parenthood clinic in your area you may be able to arrange to walk in when you have the bump. If you have herpes 1 or 2 (both can be genital if you have engaged in oral sex with someone who has herpes) or if you have genital warts they need to be cultured (swab) when they are active. I would go for a first appointment and see how they can accommodate you at the break-out time.

If you don't have such a clinic, you might need to try an emergency department. Take a book! But they should be able to do it too. Since these things can be nothing it would be a relief to know that. But if you do have a STD (sexually transmitted disease) you need to know soon so you don't pass it on. Some STDs can also cause pelvic inflammatory disease, and/or make you infertile. Some STDs can be passed on to a partner even if you use a condom.
Cervical cancer can be caused by HPV (human papilloma) viruses. You get the virus from your sex partner.

You may have read about the vaccination for this virus. It will be given to young girls (and boys too we hope) before they are sexually active. It is not effective in those who already have the virus.

Hope this helps.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/HPV
I'm a virgin never been sexually active and I have I bunch of them and I'm like WTF! And it freaks me out but if I ask my mom to go to a doctor about she will think it's herpes but I'm not sexually active in any form, so I don't know what to do.