Bumps on vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bumps on vagina

Hey, Im made an appt already but wanted to ask you guys to see if uve been through anything im experiencing. lil over two months ago, went to the doc, got a pap smear done, it was abnormal (my 4th one), this time, I had 3 pieces of biopsies taken plus I was sent to the major hospital (my clinic is private and is affliated with a one of the best hospitals in NYC). Biopsies came back normal for the 4th time and my tests from the hospital also came back normal. I show no signs of HPV, Ive also been tested for basically every STD, plus HIV. Now I recently felt a yeast infection coming on (I get them a lot go me!!), and soon enough, i saw the white clumpy discharge which I knew for a fact was a yeast infection. This one seems to be pretty bad since Im itching like crazy. I did not want to self medicate myself so I made the doc appt. My period is suppose to come down next week, and Ive been checking myself down there and I saw i have 2 small bumps on my labia. They hurt and itch but I think the itching is becuz of my yeast infection. Now can some1 tell me what the hell is this? If I show no signs of HPV, why do I have bumps on my labia, could I get warts without HPV? this is stressing me a lot because Ive been to the doc numerous times to be on point with my health. I was relieved to know I did not have HPV from all the testing but now I dont know what to think with these bumps on my labia...any advice on what this could be would be extremely helpful...thx!
Believe it or not, it could be ingrown hairs. Especially if you have an infection and have been itching. I have had them before, freaked out when I  felt them then had  my husband take a look. I hope yours is as simple as that. Good luck to you!
I know whatshanfowler is talkin about.I get ingrown hairs all the time. I have another thoughtmbut does your heart ever start beating really fast? My friend yearsssssssssss ago kept having a y/i but it ended up it was her heart. I don't know all the datails, but i do kow she divorced her hubby cause she said it was his fault. I guess it was somekind of std... dunno really. i wish I could help more. Sorry an ihope you find the answer you need.
I am kind of having the same problem.  I am having discharge that dr. says is normal (I am 12 weeks pregnant) but latley it is having a little yeasty smell and I have a bump that is kind of flesh colored and raised just a bit.  It kind of feels scally to the touch.  I think I will get dr. to check it at my next appt. but it is really bothering me.
Thanks for the feedback guys. My boyfriend thinks it could be ingrowns or just irritation from the yeast infection. I just find it odd that I got this now when Ive been getting recurrent yeast infections for 2 yrs now without any bumps ever. Its also been Exactly 2 yrs Ive been on ortho-tryclen lo, which I have stopped taking too. I dont know what the hell is up. Ive been reading about HPV just to get a sense of what it is exactly and I cant seem to find anything that says you can get warts without HPV so if any1 finds that info for me, please let me know. Im just waiting for my doc appt to come to ease my mind. oh Lucy, no my heart doesnt beat too fast...I think Im just prone to yeasties cuz of the pill (which I stopped taking) Another question though, how long does it take for your body to go back to normal after youve stopped taking bc?
I know you said you have been tested for *basically* every std.  Did that include a herpes blood test?  If yes and was negative, then it's probably just a killer yeast infection.
hon it sounds a bit like herpes to me.......but don't take my word for it check your dr & make sure that you're boyfriend goes with you as well.....b/cuz if it smells & it's warts trust me it's warts & warts doesn't mean only HPV it could be any other std.....i hard warts a time & when i checked it it was HPV & ohhhhh did it smell nasty...yuck..... so go & see what it is & keep us posted........good luck

Yes I was tested for Herpes...and it was negative but will ask to be tested again. and no, it doesnt smell...only smells like yeast to me.
It could just be cysts.  Lots of women get them.  If it was herpes they would heal.  and maybe come back...or look more like an ulceration (coldsore) Can you see the lumps?
Hey
well i noticed a bump on close to the top on my puter labia and at first i thought it was a pimple. Its about the size of the pea and it herts evert time i touch it. Its kinda of swelling around it. I was jsut wondering if you could tell me what this is. I am really worried abbout it, it hard to move around alot because the bump is really sensitive. If you could get back to me i would really appreciate it.
this can be a result of polycystic ovarian syndrome which means you have cysts in your ovaries..this happens especially to overweight woman but anyone can undergo this predicament.  also, it may be simply irritation from intercourse or any objects you may have inserted there like sex toys for instance.
this is my first pregnacy and i went in for a pap and the test came back that i had chlamydia, i got antibiotic for it. i also had group b strep and got treatment for that. since then i have not had sex with anyone and everything was clear. i think now i have a yeast infection. im very itchy and irratted. i soon developed some bumps down there on the lips and near the anal area. the bumps are skin color and i tried to pop or scrap them off and they just hurt and bleed. one of them actually came off at one point after i went to the bathroom and wiped. could the bumps be part of the yeast infection? i am worried becuse if they were an std then my pap would have seen it right? i also got a call from my dr and i have to go in for a level two sono cuz my blood test came back for a red flag that my baby might have edwards syndrome. were she has an extra chromosome and will be mentally handicapp. i am really worried my next appt isnt til the 21 of august. can some one please give me some feed back on this. thankx
i have only 1 little bump on my vagina its red, but doesnt really itch, but i am itching everywhere else but hurts only when i touch the bump. can u tell me what this is?
I'm 20, not currently sexually active, and i've recently noticed a few small flesh coloured bumps on my labia minora. I also have excessive vaginal discharge which i've had for about 2 years now and have been prescribed various yeast infection solutions but to no avail and have been told by my doctor that it is because of my weight. I have varied periods, from none at all to heavy ones and was put on the pill to control them and stopped taking it january of this year. Just wondered if anyone else has been experiencing any of these problems or whether it's just me being paranoid thinking something's wrong? It's just that every time i go to see a doctor they tell me to just lose weight but i had the same problems when i used to be 110lbs and am now about 160lbs. Any thoughts?
After six months of bladder infections i am finally cleared of them. but since i first got a yeast infection i have not been the same. i itch everyday and have tried everything over the counter and am now currently on an antifungal cream. the skin around the outside of my vagina is red, itchy, inflammed, irratated, flaky and dry, and now the rash has small red bumps in it. is all this normal for a yeast infection? i am really scarred and tired of this because it has been this way for months. someone please give me an honest answer about the small bumps. my skin tore the other day but neosporin healed it. is this normal as well becasue i was itching it alot and figured i itched it until it finally broke the skin. answer back soon!
For a couple weeks now ive notcied these bumps on my vagina right next to the hole and two bumps on my anus. I have no clue what it is im really scared it might be a std. I havent seen a dr. yet but i asked my cousin (cuz she has herpes) if it was herpes and she explained hers and didnt sound anything like what im experiencing. she said it might be sweat bumps. I dont think its herpes cuz they dont hurt at all they barely itch. I do have a yeast infection though so could that be a product of it? I just noticed the cluster weeks ago just by accident. They never hurt or anything. Can anyone help me out please!!!
i just got this large bump on the side on my vagina and it started to itch so i itched it and then when I looked at it there was a large bump.it dosnt itch anymore but its uncomfterable it doesnt hurt either i dont know what it is. i have sex alot but my boyfriend doesnt have anything simular to what i have and i am scared can someone tell me what it may be??
After being told by my doctor that I have a yeast infection ...i developed 2 small red bumps around my labia. They were painful for the 1st 2 days but have healed after 4 days, they weren't filled with fluid, they were just red and small. Went back to the doc who said that it looked like herpes....I told him that I need a test as proof as maybe around 5 yrs ago I was misdiagnosed as having herpes ....I am now awaiting the results .....nerve wrecking
I have little bumps, they look like raised moles, theyre not brown, theyre skin color, light pink if anything..i thought maybe it was from shaving, but I havent gone near them with a razor in a while and they seem to be spreading. they dont itch and if i try to pick them off they bleed, like theyre a part of my skin. theyre around the edge of my v-lips and now there are some right outside my anus. they dont hurt either. im sexually active and my bf and i are clean, this just happened in the past month and we've been together for 7. any ideas? moles
I have had these bumps too and they are freaking me out! I thought it may have been razor burn or something so I quit shaving down there but the bumps are still present. I just got my STD screen a couple weeks ago and got my blood test done for herpes and it came back negative...so if these bumps aren't herpes then I have no idea what else they could be! They are really embarrassing and showed up out of the blue...does anyone have any ideas what they are and how to get rid of them?  
I had the same problem of bumps/ clusters of bumps after I began shaving with an electric razor. My std test and pap smear came back all clear about a month before they appeared. I stopped using the razor down there but the bumps haven't gone away. It's freaking me out too. One of my doctors actually asked if I shaved or used an electric razor before I told her; she made it sound like it could be the cause. It's still scary having to wonder before you can get into the doc's office...
Hi there, thought I would add... A month ago I came down with my very first yeast infection which was accompanied by a small group of painful clear raised bumps(not touching one another) on my lower left labia. I thought immediately herpes but I'm clean as well as my fiance of 3 yrs. I had classic yeast symptoms of white thick discharge, burning urination, itchiness all over accept for the bumps. I recently washed with an antimicrobial soap down there and when the burning sensation came I began an antibiotic thinking it was a UTI. Once I saw my dr. she perscribed me a 3 day dose of Diflucan and all symptoms went away accept for the bumps.. I read about Tea Tree Oil and the dermatalogical benefits of it... 3 days after applying the oil directly to bumps, they vanished. I recommend Tea Tree Oil to anyone with any type of skin rash or bumps. It's a miracle worker!!
I have the same thing going on... I shaved and not to much longer I got these blister like sores on my libia.. its just one side.. now they itch, leak fluid, smell and its so embarrassing... it even hurts to wear underwear... then i started getting what felt like an electric shock in my clitoris... this is the worst pain i have ever been in... i cry every night.. I wont let my boyfriend get near me and we dont even sleep in the same bed any more... PLEASE HELP...
I had an abnormal pap for hpv now i have tiny bumps inide my vagina.you can only see them if i push my vagina to poke out.I have tryed aldara but cant afford to buy any more.Plan parenthood will remove them for 180 bucks BUT WHEN I WENT THE DR SAID SHE DIDNT SEE THEM.My OBGYN always says i dont see anything so he hasnt even brought up the idea of removing them.I am so tired of trying to get help and no one will treat me and remove the bumps.What do i do
Im having the same problem. Its small. About pea sized and its painful. It seems to have just popped up over night too. its around the clitoris area on my labia. Irritating and annoying. Any info would be much appreciated...

BUT! If your bump is located near the opening if your vagina, on your labia, its possible that its a bartholin cyst OR a bartholin abcess (abscess). (look up on google) I read about it on webmd.com after entering my symptoms. Its where this gland can becomes backed up or clogged. If its just a cyst it should go away by itself. But if its hurting that means its probably infected and has become an abcess (abscess). I would still go to the doc and have it checked though. Try taking baths two or more times a day, not wearing tight underwear or pants, and wearing only cotton undies. (as was recommended on webmd.com ) I hope I have helped. And I hope its something as simple as this...
Mine only just came up reciently i am pertofied about these , i am only young and i am scared about it
and i dont want to do anything to them just incase i spreads  
if there still there within a month i will do something about it .
ive currently got a yeast infection and have grown bumps around the hole! ive been worrying myself to death thinking i have genital warts but is this sort of normal for having a yeast infection? i did scratch a lot.
I've had these bumps for as long time. I have gone to doctor and each time they prescribe me Premarin Creme. It's very messy and the bumps are still there. I'm 65 yrs old, and they (the bumps) itch something awful after intercourse. I first noticed them about ten years after Hysterectomy. I have had many test run by 5 different doctors, (2 of them on 2 different times). I now know that it is not deadly,( because I would have been dead). I just want to know what it is and a better way of treating it. I read some where it was a fungus and should be treated with Antibiotic or Antifungi creme. If where do I get this?

Please help!
I am 13 years old and I have them on my vagina and they hurt I haven't had sex so I know their not hurpies. How do I get ride if them and fast?!
Put used grease on it and take a advil at night .then when u wake it should have a white tip or white stuff around it squeez it like a pimple and puss should come out