Burn in vagina from over-heated vinegar douche

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I feel a bit embarrassed, not sure if I'm the first in the world to experience this.  This is the issue.  My OB told me to wash with vinegar and water after my menstrual cycle was done to see if it would help with vaginal irritation I've had for about 3 months.  I went ahead an bought it premixed at the store and put it in hot water to warm up.  Didn't check it prior to using it and ended burning the inside of my vagina.  Right now it burns a little.  Not sure what I did or how long it will take to recover.  I'm very worried, I've made my issue worse.  I have had irritation pretty much since 3 months ago when I left a tampon (Super Plus) on too long because I wasn't feeling "fresh" that day and ended very irritated...after I had yeast infection symptoms and treated myself twice for it (over the counter) and ended with a bacterial infection from which I went to the OB for.  I ended back in to see her because I still felt irritated, she didn't see a discharge to indicate a problem and suggested I used a douche, a warm douche, I used a very hot one.  Will I heal?  Please help!!  I put a gel called rephresh, that balances both the yeast and bacteria in the vagina hoping it will help me.  I took out the douche as soon as I felt it burn, not sure if it was soon enough.  Thank you!!!
Don't worry!  It sounds like you just had the water used to heat the douche too hot instead of warm.  This is a minor a 1st degree burn, which usually heals with out any additional treatment.  Try taking a a cool water bath (not ice cold) to relieve some of the discomfort that may have followed your burning.  Best wishes and God bless as well!
Okay, thank you very much!!!  I was very worried, nothing found online about anyone doing what I did.  Thank you!
No prob and once again best wishes and God bless as well!