Burning Diarrhea, ideas???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Burning Diarrhea, ideas???

Hey guys, i know i might have had some creative (nutty) ideas in the past, but i think this one might just take the cake. Well, i have been experiencing burning Diarrhea which has become very unbearable. It mostly irritates me at night, and i must tell you i have the nasty habit of nailbiting which i think exacerbates the pain. Anywhoo, and i know your all going to think i'm losing it, but I wonder how efficient it would be to use an over the counter antacid product like tumms as a suppository to try to ease the pain. At this point i'm willing try anything. I have made changes to my diet, for the time beeing i am fasting on boiled white rice and lots of water. I think it might just make a better Chindogu then an actual remedy, hehe! Anyone think this might actually work, or does anyone have any real remedies to aid my pain?
Johnny Cash puts it best T.B.R.F. Thanks.
You really should NOT take medicines in a way other than as directed. I suggest that you keep to a soft diet such as the rice, banana's, broth, and lots of WATER and gatorade type drinks to keep you hydrated. You can also try a anti-diarheal med such as Immodium and as for the rectal burning I suggest the Tucks Medicated Pads. Those will probably do wonders for the relief you need. You should go see a doctor about this since you are highly prone to dehydration and their is most likely a bacterial infection going on. Could also be caused by meds you may be taking on a regular basis. Only a doctor can diagnose what is going on so please make an appt. and stay hydrated until you can get in. Good luck, hope this helped a little.
P.S. The Tuck's REALLY do help! I was even told to use them for pain from episiotomy after childbirth.
what were you eating prior to this burning diareah? (sp) spicey foods? that will do it for me. i LOVE HOT, spicey boneless buffalo wings and the next day..well, you know. ouch. there has to be something out there to help you, sounds simple enough?
Humm, Tucks sounds interesting. I can't spicy foods it just turns regular burning into "space shuttle re-entring the atmosphere" kind of burning. The only thing i added to my regular diet was 2 cups of soy milk, and a piece of chocolate cake, other then that it was business as usual. Do we have any chemists in the house? I just assumed since Calcium carbonate neutralizes acids it might help relieve the source of my pain instead of covering it up.
True story...I once new someone that gave himself an enema of hydrogen peroxide to cleanse himself out.  And this was not the stuff you buy off the drug store shelf, but a stronger solution.  Anyway, he almost destroyed his colon because of it.  Moral of the story, only use medicines as prescribed either by the doctor or how it is labeled to do so.  This person was so embarrassed that he delayed medical attention, which complicated the matter.  You might have internal hemmorhoids that have been irritated.  Sometimes our bowels eliminate the runny stuff, which is high in acid, irritating the tissues, and if you have it time and again, it just adds injury to insult.  I would eat the brat diet, which is bananas, rice, toast, and applesauce.  That should thicken things up a bit.  Use some Tucks, or a soothing ointment, and baths help ALOT!  Good luck...
Good news! I'm fresh out of burning pain, and stock full of well "the solids"! Achem, excuse that please. Hehe, the crisis was overted, thanks for your support. But just to be safe i will maintain the thickening diet, for now. However, I wonder about the untapped usefulness of chalk.  Acid neutralizer suppository.
oooh..a hemeroid.. (sp), that may very well be the culprit. good answer! get that checked out!!
You might have an enterprising idea there...are the drug companies listening???
In some people, bananas cause further diarrhea....this diet was recommended for my daughter who was hospitalized for diarrhea.  Once the bananas were removed from her diet, the diarrhea was controlled.
The same problem existed for myself and my mother...as we found out over time.
I heard i you rub Apple sauce all over your bottom, the burning goes away and it does'nt smell to bad also ???
Hi there, I thought that acid becomes diarrhoea after it passes the duodenum? So wouldn't it make it more caustic? Or does the chyme go through the digestive tract so fast that it doesn't get time to alkanalise?...