Burning Sensation durin Menstruation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Burning Sensation durin Menstruation

Hi I have a few symptoms that I don't believe to be serious and wondered if you could clarify what you believe this to be.  

For the last two menstruation periods I have had a burning sensation and urge to go pee similar to a bladder infection, especially when I am wearing a tampon, or during sexual intercourse.   I have also noticed a whitish discharge on and around the vaginal opening almost right on the urethra similar to a yeast infection but not really itchy like one.  I m about to begin another mestruation period and the feeling has returned.   The burning sensation especially right on the urethra and the discharge again.   It seems to come and go, but returns during the menstruation.    If you have any information about this please let me know.   The closest I have come to self diagnosis is a lower UTI and/or a mild yeast infection or maybe both.   I am currently living  out of the country and have only emergency coverage so if you have any ideas that I can try to remedy this at home before I go to the doctor that would be great.   And of course I will go to the doctor if I can't remedy this!!  
Thank you!
Look up info about  IC (innerstitial cystitis  I butchered the spelling on that)  and vulvodynia.  Your symptoms sound similar.