Burning rash, red bumps and blisters on outside of vagina(where the hai...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Burning rash, red bumps and blisters on outside of vagina(where the hair grows).

Hi there,

I am heading to emerg tonight but I figured I'd ask here anyway to get some opinions. I noticed a painful rash on the outside of my vagina where the hair grows a few nights ago. So I ran myself a bath with a small amount of epsom salts and a bit of aloe baby oil. As I was washing with water down there I felt 2 hard bumps(maybe half a centimeter in size) on my labia(outside my vagina). I immediately panicked but went to bed in my birthday suit. The next morning I saw that the bumps had multiplied. Again, none inside just on the outside where my pubic hair is. I'm on day three of this and I can hardly walk as it is very painful.

I'll just keep this brief:

1) No burning during urination
2) They seem to have puss in them(the bumps)
3) The rash is very severe(dark red and peeling)
4) I shaved with my scented conditioner(which I have never used on my vagina before) before my period started
5) I did buy a new brand of bubble bath and bathed in it while on my period
6) I am sitting down 90% of my day
7) I wear tight undies(I don't own cotton panties)
8) It's very dry down there today, light peeling
9) Bowel movements are normal as is everything else, no headaches, fever or any other symptoms of that nature
10) I took a picture last night as I could not get a close enough view with my mirror and I noticed hairs under the inflamed skin(99.9% sure they are underneath)
11) I will be honest, the day before I noticed the rash I had kept my small pad on the whole day without changing it, I know it's completely unsanitary but I feel it's something I should mention
12) Have had the same sex partner for almost 4 years now
13) VITAL INFO: I had a herpes culture test about 2 years ago as this happened(same symptoms) and it came back negative. However, I have been reading a lot and I guess it is common for those tests to come back as false negative

Thanks in advance for your time and I'm praying that it's not serious but as women we assume the absolute worse case scenario.

M
I'd like to add that tonight I bought Vagisil extra strength and it almost immediately relieved the pain. The swelling has gone down significantly as well.
Did the lumps ever bleed ?
No they never bled...I did go to the Hospital and the doc did a visual diagnosis and told me I in have HSV2...He took a culture sample so I will know in about a week...I've accepted it and I am fine but I feel like he just wanted to get me out of there...I was prescribed Valtrex but to be honest the Vagisil is working just great! Oh well...life goes on, I should be thankful I don't have a terminal disease.