Burning when urinating and bleeding?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Burning when urinating and bleeding?

I didn't know what category to put that in, but this will do.

On Valentine's, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time in about three or four weeks, and we had it about three times between the 14th and the 15th. We also slept naked both nights, so when my urine was cloudy I assumed it was because I had a UTI because of this. But then it started to kind of burn when I urinated, and there would be a faint smear of pink on the toilet paper. Today I went to the bathroom and urinated again, this time there was small pieces of blood (whether it was tissue or not, I don't know) on the toilet paper. I've been going to the bathroom more often than usual since the 15th. I trust my boyfriend, we've been together for two years and we've never had problems, so I don't think for a second that he was with someone else or anything like that.

But I'm really worried and want an answer to this. I'm not on birth control and we used a condom.
Sounds like a UTI to me. See your doctor :-)
Avatar n tn
Agreed. Classic uti. I used to get like once a week until my doctor recommended urinating after sex to clear out any bacteria that may have been pushed up through your uretha (where the pee comes from) during sex. I have not had an infection since and that was 10 years ago! It's a bit of a buzzkill to hop out of bed and run to the loo right away, but it absolutely works and well worth the inconvenience.
Avatar n tn
ok thanks guys! =)
Avatar n tn
OH ya mine was so bad before I went to the DR. I was full toilet of blood I was freaked out, and burned sooooo bad.
Avatar n tn
i figured it was a UTI until i started bleeding, too. have you guys had UTIs like this? i've never bled before with one! or had it burn when i peed.
Avatar n tn
i am going through this right now guys, are ther any other recomendation on dealing with this? i havent been to the doctors yet and cant get in for at least two weeks, i dont know how much longer i can deal with this burning....
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
jenniferand3 added the Pregnancy Tracker
msmccoy commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals