Burst of Energy 1 day before period---How do I find mymanateejenn?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How do I find a member who posted a question on a thread that is now closed? Mymanteejenn posted a question in April to which I can no longer respond.  However, she is the only person I have ever encountered who experiences the "burst of energy one day before" her period.  I have experienced this phenomenon throughout my life.  I recently discovered that Cytomel, a thyroid medication in small doses, seems to simulate the pre-period effect.  I also suffer from excessive fatigue as well as excessive daytime sleepiness.  Many doctors are not aware that a "normal" Thyroid test does not necessarily mean that one does not suffer from hypothyroid.  I recently found a physician who seemed to "get it" right away and who did not dismiss my rare "burst of energy" the day before my period.  I just wanted Mymanteejenn to know that she is not alone (I now know that I am not) and that she may be a candidate for taking Cytomel.  If one experiences any side effects, a reduced initial dose is recommended.  The ultimate effects are worth it and---as a fabulous side effect---weight loss is promoted along with an elevated mood and increased energy.  Could our life long struggles with depression and fatigue be due to a simple undiagnosed thyroid problem? It's worth looking into, Mymanteejenn.  I hope this missive reaches you!
I have exactly the same thing happen every month!  I once told a doctor that if I could get done on every day of the month what I can accomplish on the day just before my period, I'd be a wonder woman!  I asked if there was a hormone or something to 'reverse' the process, so that I'd feel that energized for all of the month EXCEPT for the day before my period.  The Dr. (a male) just laughed at me.  I once read somewhere that 16% of women have this same re-period 'energized' experience.  I may try the meds that you suggest, to see if it will help balance out the rest of the month!
I am actually on thryoid medication, but still experience that 1 day burst of energy right before my period as well.  Also, I have more energy in the summer (I live in the Northeast part of the US)
I too experience that surge of energy the day before my period. I only just worked it out.......and I also suffer with daytime tiredness every other day. I have digestive problems and back pain and have been to sooooo many doctors to work out what the hell is going on with my 31 year old body. I should be in my prime not struggling through the day....I decided that this would be the year that I would sort myself out as it has been going on for over 10 loooong years and I am more than over just getting through the day! It is so comforting to know that I am not alone so thank you to those that posted on here. I also had my ovary out when I was 7 so I am wondering if that has anything to do with my hormone levels being all over the place. No one knew the reason my ovary needed to be removed....perhaps I had hormone problems way back then. Are there any NATURAL remedies I can use to balance my hormones? I have done a bit of research and I am thinking that the reason we get this burst of energy is because we are estrogen dominant and the day before the progesterone rises thus we have more energy because things are in balance...makes sense to me! So I guess i need to raise my levels of progesterone...does that make sense to you guys?? Has anyone else found this??
I have CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction syndrome) and Fibromyalgia so I have many of the symptoms that you are all talking about; the severe fatigue on a daily basis, pain, digestive problems, etc. I also have had a burst of energy the day before my period. My gyno believes that this occurs, but doesn't know how to extend it for me. We've looked into thyroid and that didn't seem to help very much, though we didn't try Cytomel. If anyone (now or in the future) sees this and would like to talk about similar symptoms or anything they find out. Please e-mail me (lilgreta at gmail *******). It is frustrating to find something like this and not be able to contact any of the people from several years ago to talk.
i experience the same euphoria....the day might differ it could be one day before my period or one to two days after the first day of my period

i too attest to the fact that i could be superwoman when that blessed day happens
If i knew a priori when i would have that full of energy day i would without a doubt go and get a scholastic blood test, a test that would monitor ALL my blood levels NONE excluded. Then on a random day id receive another blood test, equally scholastic and encompassing, then i would proceed to compare the results of the two tests, hopefully i would be able to detect the differences especially if there were major ones...

if we all had a group test we would be able to cross reference our results and check whether it is one or several factors that make this splendid day happen.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Energy-burst-the-day-before-my-period-starts-mensus/show/25311
wow!!  I just got done cleaning the house and organizing, and thought, I must be getting my period tomorrow.  I have been aware of this energy burst since my teens, I am now 39, have 4 kids, and still am so tired on a normal day that I take a nap.  Glad to see I am not alone, but sorry I waited so long to see if something could be done about this.  Please keep posting if you get new info.
I have been experiencing this for many years and no doctor has been able to figure it out.  I was happy to see that I am not alone.  That one day is my golden day - I can run 3 marathons and not feel fatigue.  If there is anything organic that can release the same whatever it is my body produces that day would be awesome..xoxo
I also enjoy a burst of energy, but it sometimes starts a few days, as much as 5 days before my period. I always thought it might have to do with my low hemoglobin or blood sugar levels. My hemoglobin is hereditary, goes up and down but still never above 11.7 and even with my high levels of iron is not effected. Maybe its higher during this time. I'm also hyperglycemic, but eat every 3 hours to manage and usually have very high energy and with exercise am a healthy weight. wondering if anyone else has similar ailments. I do enjoy the burst of energy!
Have you been tested for Celiac? Even if that comes up negative you could still be sensitive to it. Your symptoms fit and the docs are utterly clueless about it.
I am so glad that I have found this website.  I am 37 and have had this super - hyper energy going on for 7 years.  I don't necessarily feel tired during the month but usually 3 or 4 days before a period I go sky high.  Its like I could fly to Jupiter and back (no kidding) Its like having an injection of 100 cups of coffee in one go.  In fact it feels so powerful sometimes that it can even be scarey.  I can sweat a lot too.  Sometimes I am so high that I have to try and ground myself.  Gosh some people take drugs to feel sky high like I do and I am not on nothing!  So glad that I know other people feel this way too, but gee sometimes it is freaky like I am a super women for real!
is there a way of harnessing the energy of that day before the period starts and having a more balanced level of energy throughout the month?
i have experienced this for as long as i can remember and it's so frustrating.
i have suffered so long with depression and lack of energy but if i could feel how i do on that one day, everyday, i would be beyonce!
I have this same burst of energy at a scary level only for 2 to three days and then possibly the first day of my period, but as I get older I realize that energy also comes with a drill sergeant mentality, I have no mercy, although Im not violent physically, Im very verbal. after its over I realize it but during that time anyone who cant keep up irritates me severely. Otherwise I am very laid back and am barely able to convince myself the dishes need to be done.  It only scares me because I actually contemplate divorce and just leaving the state.  If I ever act on any of these I know I will regret it within days but it seems rational at the time. Im also very oddly focused I paint entire rooms, detail my car or start all of them and dont finish.
This burst of energy a few days before my period is a new experience for me.  I just noticed the pattern within the last few months which initially only lasted less than a full day.  However, this month it lasted for 2 full days.  I am also late on my period this month 10 days already which happens from time to time with me, and also brings on another set of symptoms.  I'm very curious and relieved to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this burst of energy.  And totally agree with most of you...I could really use the added energy during the rest of the month.  I experience a serious lack of motivation.
I say that I feel "normal" on the day before my period.  Otherwise, I'm exhausted all the time.  I could get things done like normal people if I regularly had the energy of that single day.
for me it is not only the burst of energy, but also I become very motivated that day... I am in my highest level of energy and motivation alltogether