COULD I BE PREGNANT?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

COULD I BE PREGNANT?

MY LAST PERIOD WAS FEB 24,2013 I HAVE TAKEN 3 URINE AND I BLOOD TEST THAT WAS ALL NEGATIVE ...THE THING IS WITH MY 18 YEAR OLD I WAS ALMOST 3 MONTHS BEFORE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND THEN TOO I HAD TAKEN 5 URINE TESTS AND ALL WERE NEGATIVE AND FINALLY A POSITIVE....THE DR WANTED ME TO TAKE AN X RAY LAST NIGHT AND I REFUSED BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT AN X RAY CAN DO IF I AM IN FACT PREGNANT....WAS I WRONG TO WANNA WAIT LONGER AND NOT DO THE X RAY AND CAN I STILL BE PREGNANT?  NEXT WEEK I WILL HAVE MISSED 2 PERIODS (MY MOM JUST TOLD ME TO WAIT BECAUSE WITH MY BROTHER SHE HAD A PERIOD FOR 6 MONTHS AND WAS PREGNANT ) PLEASE STILL I NEED ADVICE!!!!!!
A false negative result can be caused due to many reasons, like: One reason for a false negative pregnancy test could be that you took the test too early. Another reason could be erratic technique or missed reaction time. For accuracy in home pregnancy tests it is essential that you read the test results in the stipulated reaction time. If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid. This may cause it to show false negative results. You can repeat the test or you can go for more accurate serum HCG test for confirming the pregnancy.
You can also get an ultrasound uterus done which is safe in pregnancy and the most accurate test for detecting pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.