Can BV cause bumps?
About three months ago I noticed about three to four bumps on my labia that were pretty tender. It also did sort of sting when I went to urinate. I freaked out and went to my doctor because I was afraid it may have been herpes. Long story short, I was 1 month and a half into a new relationship (we had been having sex for about 4 weeks). After this happened I told my partner to get tested. He was negative for both HSV-1 and HSV-2. I just got my test results in and I am negative for HSV-2 but positive for HSV-1 which typically causes oral lesions, but can sometimes cause genital. Anyway what I'm wondering is, do you think the Bacterial Vaginosis caused the bumps? My doctor said it was too hard to tell by looking at me whether or not it was herpes or not since it was already healing. I just don't know how I would have gotten herpes because my most recent partner was negative for both strains. Opinions?

P.S I have only been with one other person in the past. He is negative for HSV-2, but does have HSV-1. However I have not slept with him for over a year. Is there anyway I could have gotten HSV-1 genitally from him even though I never had an "outbreak" until 3 months ago?